cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

gat3way
Journeyman III

Radeon HD6870, Linux, many issues

Just bought a new 6870 card and I'm disappointed by the driver support on linux. Installed Catalyst 10.10 and I still get that "unsupported hardware" watermark in the bottom right. CLInfo from the SDK samples gives out the following errors:

Error : atomics mismatch!
Error : Bytes mismatch!
Error : images mismatch!
Error : amd_media_ops mismatch!
Error : khr_3d_image_writes mismatch!
Failed!

Some of my kernels work, most of them produce wrong results and they used to work on 4670.

On the driver download page, it looks like 6xxx series are supported only on Windows.

Seriously, are you going to fix 6xxx support on linux soon?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Crashtest
Journeyman III

Well the driver support for xp64 is a little bit better than for Linux but there are the  same errors on Windows with 6850 !

Platform ID:      0000000000E33568
  Name:       Buzzard
  Vendor:      Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
  Driver version:     CAL 1.4.838
  Profile:      FULL_PROFILE
  Version:      OpenCL 1.1 ATI-Stream-v2.2 (302)
  Extensions:      cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_gl_sharing cl_amd_device_attribute_query cl_amd_printf cl_amd_media_ops

Error : atomics mismatch!
Error : Bytes mismatch!
Error : images mismatch!
Error : amd_media_ops mismatch!
Error : khr_3d_image_writes mismatch!
Failed!

0 Likes

0 Likes

// rants follow..

Great, we now have Catalyst 10.11....that still does not support 68xx on linux. Well done

0 Likes

The new SDK is scheduled to be released in mid-december, full support for the 68XX cards will come then.
0 Likes

Great! I'll wait for it.

0 Likes