cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Ivoshiee
Journeyman III

No OpenCL support for my cards. Why not?

Whatever version of Catalyst or Stream SDK I install there is no OpenCL support for my cards.

I tried numerous orders of install/unistall of Catalyst and Stream SDK, but gpu-z never show me as my HD 5570 nor HD 4650 ever having the OpenCL support. At the same time there is no obvious errors presented to me during any of those installs I have made. System is running Windows XP Pro (32-bit).

What am I doing wrong or where to look for clues?

0 Likes
7 Replies
nou
Exemplar

try install latest AMD Catalyst™ Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) Technology Edition. but before that run driver sweper http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/ in safe mode.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: nou try install latest AMD Catalyst™ Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) Technology Edition. but before that run driver sweper http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/ in safe mode.

As was it to be expected that did not bring me an OpenCL support. What to try or to test next?

0 Likes

Try GPU Caps Viewer instead.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: Promilus Try GPU Caps Viewer instead.

As with any other OpenCL application I get a KERNEL32.DLL error at application start up. This case it is:

"The procedure entry point GetLogicalProcessorInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL"

And if I try an OpenCL test, I'll get "OpenCL GPU is not supported on this platform. Bye...".

Catalyst driver install nor Stream SDK does not give any errors about missing OpenCL. There is a need for "closer to metal" analysis to determine what is denying OpenCL on my system.

What files, environment variables, registry entries and what not I can check to ensure wehere is the problem?

Note: Somehow the GPU Caps Viewer v1.9.4 identifies my Radeon 5500 series as a "ATI Radeon HD 6510" (device-id=1002-68D9; sub-vendor-id=ASUS (1043-036C)). What is it then?

0 Likes

Isn't there anything I can do?

0 Likes

I suspect the Stream SDK runtime is not being started on my system. Where should I check if it does or does not get runned and where are possible error messages of it?

Currently installed 10-11_xp32_dd_ccc_ocl.exe

0 Likes

Finally I have an OpenCL running - update to SP3 did the trick.

0 Likes