Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Meteorhead
Challenger

GL interop not working with last release

config dependant most likely

Hi all!

I just wanted to say that the SimpleGL sample does not work anymore with latest releases.

My config is:

Ubuntu 10.10, Catalyst 10.10, SDK 2.2, Mobility Radeon 5870

Running returns the following:

Error: clCreateContextFromType failed. Error code : CL_INVALID_GL_SHAREGROUP_REFERENCE_KHR

0 Likes
12 Replies
nou
Exemplar

i have no problem running SimpleGL.

0 Likes

It did work for me before too. Ubuntu 10.04 and Catalyst 10.9.

I installed the new Ubuntu, but driver 10.9 didn't work with it. I read in the update list of Catalyst 10.10 that new Ubuntu support is beta available in it. I was excited to install it and it works fine with OpenGL apps and OpenCL too. But the interop sample gives this error message.

Could someone with relevant SDK and driver knowledge tell me what this error refers to? It seems to me as if it wouldn't recognize the Mobility Radeon 5870 to be GL interop capable.

0 Likes

ok i try it on ubuntu 10.10. now i get segfaulting with SimpleGL.

on ubuntu 10.04 it work with catalyst 10.10

0 Likes

I've had a few minutes to experiment getting the SimpleGL example to work under linux again. (I'm stuck with Windows atm because deadlines are deadlines) I installed Ubuntu 10.04 and Catalyst 10.10. OpenGL works fine, NBody displays fine and glxgears shows proper GPU accel. Running SimpleGL says the following.

Any ideas??

/home/mnagy/ATi/ati-stream-sdk-v2.2-lnx64/samples/opencl/bin/x86_64/SimpleGL Error: clCreateFromGLBuffer failed. (posBuf) Error code : CL_INVALID_GL_OBJECT

0 Likes

Sry for multiple posts...

0 Likes

Earlier you reported that GL-interop was not working with ubuntu 10.10.

Are you now reporting that simpleGL sample fails on ubuntu 10.04.

0 Likes

Yes, nou said it was working alright for him on 10.04, so I did a reinstall of the system (10.04 is Long-term support, so it might even be a wiser choice), yet it does not work for me on either of them.

0 Likes

try turn of compiz. or check if is not set var LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT

0 Likes

The env var you mentioned is not set to anything, and I disabled compiz, yet it tells me the same thing.

mnagy@ubuntu:~$ compiz --sm-disable& [1] 1845 mnagy@ubuntu:~$ ./ATi/ati-stream-sdk-v2.2-lnx64/samples/opencl/bin/x86_64/SimpleGL ./ATi/ati-stream-sdk-v2.2-lnx64/samples/opencl/bin/x86_64/SimpleGL Error: clCreateFromGLBuffer failed. (posBuf) Error code : CL_INVALID_GL_OBJECT

0 Likes

Meteor head,

Are you able to run any GL samples at all. You can find many on internet.

0 Likes
Poozon
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: Meteorhead Hi all!

I just wanted to say that the SimpleGL sample does not work anymore with latest releases.

My config is:

Ubuntu 10.10, Catalyst 10.10, SDK 2.2, Mobility Radeon 5870

Running returns the following:

Error: clCreateContextFromType failed. Error code : CL_INVALID_GL_SHAREGROUP_REFERENCE_KHR

My configuration is as follows:

Ubuntu 10.10 (32 bit), Catalyst 10.11, SDK 2.2, Radeon 4850

And all GL samples work properly.

But, they did not work with the fglrx driver that is provided currently with Ubuntu 10.10.

0 Likes

Meteorhead and Poozon,

I think you will have more luck of finding an answer in openGL Forums.

0 Likes