cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

spyzer_abhishek0
Journeyman III

EError:E013:Insufficient Private Resources!

Hi all,

I am getting the above stated error in the build stage of kernel rather than enqueuendrangekernel i.e this is a CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE rather than CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES error. May anyone please tell me why this is happening??

I mean why am i getting out of resources error in the build stage of program. If i were to utilize more than allocated resource than I should have gotten a CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES error in the clEnqueueNDRangeKernel stage rather than in the clBuildProgram stage. Kindly help

Thank You.

0 Likes
3 Replies

This is a error when you are building the kernel for the device. There are device specific limits on the resources and you are exceeding one of them. This is detected at build time because the resource limitation is known at compile time and the limit is violated. If you can send us a kernel or post an example of the failure, we might be able to find a work around or give you advice on how to program the kernel better.
0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

spyzer.abhishek0,

It looks like you are using very large number of GPRs in your kernel.Most probably a large array or a lot of variables.

Can you please post your kernel.

0 Likes

Thanks a lot, I resolved the error by changing the logic of code and using less resources.

0 Likes