Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

christiancoder
Journeyman III

Direct3D9: (ERROR) :BitBlt or StretchBlt failed in Present

Direct3D9: (ERROR) :BitBlt or StretchBlt failed in Present

With the 10.7 vista/windows7 64bit driver I am getting the following D3D error when using the debug runtime: "Direct3D9: (ERROR) :BitBlt or StretchBlt failed in Present". The error causes the display to stop updating with both the release and debug runtimes. The error did not happen on the 9.7 version or the legacy 10.7 version of the same driver. The error also does not occur with the 10.7 32bit XP driver. I have not tested 32bit vista/window7. I have tried various GPUs and the error occurs on all of them (3000 - 5000 series) with the exception of the x800 with the legacy driver. Our game runs fine on other vendor hardware/drivers. What would cause this problem to occur? I have scoured the internet for some info with no luck.

0 Likes
1 Reply
dimple
Staff

Can we see this problem with any DX SDK Sample or only with your game? If only with your game, I think we need to figure out the way to reproduce this issue in-house first. Could you write me at dimple.jian@amd.com and I will connect you with our ISV support team?

0 Likes