cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

drstrip
Journeyman III

Can't find GPU after installing new SDK

I just installed the new SDK (without the problems other people are reporting), but now my code which worked this morning can't find the GPU (Firestream 9270).  I did clean recompiles on the code and that didn't change anything. Not sure where to begin looking.

Thanks

0 Likes
11 Replies
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: drstrip I just installed the new SDK (without the problems other people are reporting), but now my code which worked this morning can't find the GPU (Firestream 9270).  I did clean recompiles on the code and that didn't change anything. Not sure where to begin looking.

Could you please clean driver content with driver sweeper and install driver again?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: genaganna

Could you please clean driver content with driver sweeper and install driver again?

I searched the AMD web site and download area for driver sweeper. I find lots of references on the gaming forums, but no download. Is it part of the Catalyst install? I didn't find it on my disk, either. What's the executable called?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: drstrip

I searched the AMD web site and download area for driver sweeper. I find lots of references on the gaming forums, but no download. Is it part of the Catalyst install? I didn't find it on my disk, either. What's the executable called?

It is opensoftware.  You should find online.

0 Likes

I had the same problem when installing the 2.2 SDK on RedHat with a 4870. Things are running ok now after I installed the 10.7 driver. However I got an AMD logo and "testing use only" in the lower right corner of my screens. How do I get rid of that?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: nberger I had the same problem when installing the 2.2 SDK on RedHat with a 4870. Things are running ok now after I installed the 10.7 driver. However I got an AMD logo and "testing use only" in the lower right corner of my screens. How do I get rid of that?

Which version of RedHat are you using?

0 Likes

Scientific Linux 5.4, which is a derivative of Red Hat Enterprise 5.4

0 Likes

Originally posted by: nberger Scientific Linux 5.4, which is a derivative of Red Hat Enterprise 5.4

Scientific Linux is not supported officially. That is way you are getting Testing logo.

0 Likes

Thanks for that very helpful piece of information. Note that Scientific Linux IS a Red Hat Enterprise Linux. And my question was not "why is there a logo" but "how do I get rid of it" - just as a matter of pushing the point: Would uninstalling the SDK be sufficient or do I also have to get rid of the driver or is there maybe a workaround? It is nice to know that it is not officiallly supported, but does that really have to eat part of my screen real estate? - I now know and do not have to be reminded of this 24/7.

0 Likes

http://forums.amd.com/devforum/messageview.cfm?catid=390&threadid=125792&STARTPAGE=4&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear&

0 Likes

Thanks a lot, that helped!

0 Likes

Originally posted by: nberger Thanks for that very helpful piece of information. Note that Scientific Linux IS a Red Hat Enterprise Linux. And my question was not "why is there a logo" but "how do I get rid of it" - just as a matter of pushing the point: Would uninstalling the SDK be sufficient or do I also have to get rid of the driver or is there maybe a workaround? It is nice to know that it is not officiallly supported, but does that really have to eat part of my screen real estate? - I now know and do not have to be reminded of this 24/7.

Please use 10.8. There won't be such logo with 10.8.

0 Likes