Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

prodigyaj
Journeyman III

Setting up a new openCL project Visual Studio

Hi , 

i have been using openCL for quite some time but unfortunately I have not beeen able to set up a new visual studio project, whenever i try to set it up, by setting up path in the additional include libraries and adding openCL.lin in additional libraries , and try compiling I get "internal compiler error". SO far i have been working on the samples provided along with the sdk , it works perfect there ? Can someone tell me the required steps for setting up a new openCL visual c++ project ?

Regards

AJ

0 Likes
11 Replies
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: prodigyaj Hi , 

i have been using openCL for quite some time but unfortunately I have not beeen able to set up a new visual studio project, whenever i try to set it up, by setting up path in the additional include libraries and adding openCL.lin in additional libraries , and try compiling I get "internal compiler error". SO far i have been working on the samples provided along with the sdk , it works perfect there ? Can someone tell me the required steps for setting up a new openCL visual c++ project ?

Prodigyaj,

There is no difference b/w  OpenCL vc project and general VC project except additional headers and additional libraries.  You can find these in msdn.

0 Likes

I agree , I did add the additional headers and additonal libraries. But I still get the error the moment I add any openCl specific statement saying " Error 1 error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler. C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Stream\include\CL\cl.hpp 2971 1 OpenCLTest"

I found a similar post which has eventually gone unanswered http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=390&threadid=132968 . I specifically get only the error I mentioned and nothing else.

Thanks for the reply

AJ

0 Likes

Originally posted by: prodigyaj I agree , I did add the additional headers and additonal libraries. But I still get the error the moment I add any openCl specific statement saying " Error 1 error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler. C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Stream\include\CL\cl.hpp 2971 1 OpenCLTest" I found a similar post which has eventually gone unanswered http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=390&threadid=132968 . I specifically get only the error I mentioned and nothing else.

Could please give us your VS details?  It looks like it is problem with VS.

0 Likes

I am using Visual Studio 2010, and I included in 'Additional Include Directories' - "$(ATISTREAMSDKROOT)\include" 

and in additonal Dependencies in linker openCl.lib and additional Lib directories in linker also. Enterered values are exactly similar to sample openCL projects. Note that the sample projects run perfectly !

Regards

AJ

0 Likes

Originally posted by: prodigyaj I am using Visual Studio 2010, and I included in 'Additional Include Directories' - "$(ATISTREAMSDKROOT)\include" 

and in additonal Dependencies in linker openCl.lib and additional Lib directories in linker also. Enterered values are exactly similar to sample openCL projects. Note that the sample projects run perfectly !

Are you using Professional version or express version?  Please compare differences b/w your project and SDK project.

0 Likes

I did that also , while opening the sample codes , as its not written in 2010 it requires a conversion and that is it. I still made one to one comparison on project properties and even made the insignificant changes to the project file.

Still clueless as to why should this happen.

Thanks 

AJ

EDIT : I use professional version 

0 Likes

It looks like you are using old SDK.  We have included VS2010 projects files in SDK2.2.  Please upgrate your SDK and then compare your project with SDK project.  Please compare with cpp binding project files.

0 Likes

I am using the new sdk 2.2 that was updated some time last week. cpp binding project files are same as what i refere as project files eg. CLInfo.vcproj ?

Thanks again

Regards

AJ

0 Likes

please see CLInfoVS10.vcxproj

0 Likes

Hi,

I tried created a new blank project in vc++ and made exact look alike of the properties of CLInfoVS2010.vcxproj However on building the errors starts as incompatible in \RTCI and \Zi , Ehsc etc. On revoking the changes back to original , i get back the original error stating compiler internal error.

Very very strange why this should happen , probably i m missing something

Thanks again

AJ 

0 Likes

Hi,

All of the above was happening while trying to build a CLR empty project , the moment I switch to General Empty project it works cool .. gr8 for me .. but i wonder why it dosent work in other case ! 

AJ

0 Likes