Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Grunt
Journeyman III

ATI Memory Viewer

Not working.

The ATI Memory Viewer at http://www.amd.com/us/products/workstation/graphics/tools/pages/tools.aspx does not work (constant un-updated reading) with 10.7 and perhaps other versions too. Is anyone aware of this problem and a possible fix?

Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Byron
Staff

can you provide more details, OS & graphics card?

0 Likes

Hi Byron,

The card was a HIS 5450 DDR3 1GB and tried on Windows VHP 32-bit and W7HP 64-bit. ATi catalyst 10.3 and 10-7, stream sdk 2.1. Two other users also said the memory reading was fixed when they tried the software on their systems whatever they were.

I also tried the OGL ATI_meminfo

VBO_FREE_MEMORY_ATI                      =  0x87FB
        TEXTURE_FREE_MEMORY_ATI               =  0x87FC
        RENDERBUFFER_FREE_MEMORY_ATI     =  0x87FD 

and they returned the same unchanging reading ~34MB of used memory so maybe a driver problem. In fact all 4 returned values were fixed/unchanging regardless of load. I kind of gave up at that stage. If it gets fixed sometime I may give it another go but for now I've switched back to using nVidia.

0 Likes

the tool only works on Windows XP, Vista/Win7 have drastically different driver models (our gfx driver no longer does it's own memory allocation), so we currently do not have a comparable solution for Win7 at present. 

As the tool uses the ATI_meminfo interface, the tool or other code based on this interface will not work with Win7

0 Likes

Great job your doing on the board and thanks for the answer, it's much appreciated.

0 Likes