cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

blrg891
Journeyman III

Error Installing ATI STREAM SDK 2.1

I am installing the ATI STREAM SDK v2.1 on a CentOS5 64-bit (RedHat 5.4 64-bit) machine equipped with a hd5870. Whenever I try to run the make file I get errors when building in this directory "build/debug/x86-64//BoxFilterGL.o"

I get the errors :

GL/glu.h: No Such File or Directory

GL/gl.h: No Such File or Directory

Help please?

0 Likes
16 Replies
omkaranathan
Adept I

Did you install the display driver? Search for the GL headers in your machine.

0 Likes

I installed ATI Catalyst v10.4 like the installation instrunctions recommended. I don't honestly know if the installation took.

0 Likes

Post the output of the following

1. commandline

glxinfo

2. CAL Sample 'FindNumDevices'

Also, did you search for the missing headers in your system?

0 Likes

'xorg-x11-devel' package will also provide you the GL headers.

0 Likes

omkaranathan is right. You need the GL devel package to compile OpenCL program, even if you are not using GL-CL interop API.

0 Likes

well you try compile sample with OpenGL so you need gl.h. but you do not need OpenGL headers if you compile OCL program.

0 Likes

Wow, I can't say I have ever gotten answers or solutions this quickly. I am installing these packages and their dependancies currently. I will keep everyone posted on how it goes. A major issue is that this machine isnt on the internet so i have to download all the packages and their dependancies from another computer and bring them over via a flash drive.

0 Likes

Ok so I tried installing that package with all of dependancies. Everything was going good until I got to the actual package :

xorg-x11-devel-6.8.2-1.EL.63.x86_64.rpm

When I try to install this package I get the error as follows:

file /usr/include/X11 from install of xorg-x11-devel-6.8.2-1.EL.63.x86_64 conflicts with file from package xorg-x11-filesystem-7.1-2.fc6.noarch

However, all of the dependancies have been installed without a hitch.

0 Likes

I am a GNU/Linux newbie (installed openSUSE 11.3 yesterday), so feel free to take my input with an appropriate portion of salt. But my problems involving GL/*.h files were solved by downloading a package named Mesa-devel (Mesa is a open source OpenGL implementation). Perhaps a similar package is available for your OS?

0 Likes

I finally got the computer up on the network. I tried installing Mesa, but got a bunch of errors that seem to originate from X11/Xlib and X11/Xutil. Now that i have the networking working what would be the easiest way to install openGL libraries using yum?

0 Likes

So I finally got the computer on the network and installed OpenGL. I got past the errors I was hung up on before, however I get a new error stating:

Building build/debug/x86_64/cal_idct g++ -o build/debug/x86_64/cal_idct build/debug/x86_64//cal_idct.o build/debug/x86_64//Timer.o build/debug/x86_64//Samples.o -lpthread -ldl -L/usr/X11R6/lib -laticalrt -laticalcl -L../../../../lib/x86_64 -L../../../../TempSDKUtil/lib/x86_64 /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -laticalrt collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[4]: *** [build/debug/x86_64/cal_idct] Error 1 make[4]: Leaving directory `/root/CentOS/ATI/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/samples/cal/app/cal_idct' make[3]: *** [cal_idct] Error 2 make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/CentOS/ATI/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/samples/cal/app' make[2]: *** [app] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/CentOS/ATI/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/samples/cal' make[1]: *** [cal] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/CentOS/ATI/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/samples' make: *** [samples] Error 2

0 Likes

I get the same error, however it seems to only relate to the cal samples. OpenCL is working without a hitch. If you are only interested in OpenCL, then perhaps this is sufficient?

0 Likes

for cal samples you need installed catalyst driver. which needed ati gpu. but run make in opencl subdirectory and you should be fine.

0 Likes

Ok, so even with these cal errors I can still run applications that use OpenCL? Also, I do have the ati driver installed, it is version 10.4 that is recomended with this sdk. I will give everything a shot within the day. Thanks.

0 Likes

So, I got OpenCL working. I have the driver installed, however the OpenCL samples and the software I am using that utilizes OpenCL doesn't see the graphics card as an OpenCL device. when installing the ati driver v.10.4 is there anyspecial configuration I need to do? through aticonfig i listed the devices and it sees the 5870 I am currently running. this is then info i get when I run the CLInfo sample:

[root@Hulk x86_64]# ./CLInfo Number of platforms: 1 Platform Profile: FULL_PROFILE Platform Version: OpenCL 1.0 ATI-Stream-v2.1 (145) Platform Name: ATI Stream Platform Vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Platform Extensions: cl_khr_icd Platform Name: ATI Stream Number of devices: 1 Device Type: CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU Device ID: 4098 Max compute units: 8 Max work items dimensions: 3 Max work items[0]: 1024 Max work items[1]: 1024 Max work items[2]: 1024 Max work group size: 1024 Preferred vector width char: 16 Preferred vector width short: 8 Preferred vector width int: 4 Preferred vector width long: 2 Preferred vector width float: 4 Preferred vector width double: 0 Max clock frequency: 2001Mhz Address bits: 64 Max memory allocation: 1073741824 Image support: No Max size of kernel argument: 4096 Alignment (bits) of base address: 1024 Minimum alignment (bytes) for any datatype: 128 Single precision floating point capability Denorms: Yes Quiet NaNs: Yes Round to nearest even: Yes Round to zero: No Round to +ve and infinity: No IEEE754-2008 fused multiply-add: No Cache type: Read/Write Cache line size: 0 Cache size: 0 Global memory size: 3221225472 Constant buffer size: 65536 Max number of constant args: 8 Local memory type: Global Local memory size: 32768 Profiling timer resolution: 1 Device endianess: Little Available: Yes Compiler available: Yes Execution capabilities: Execute OpenCL kernels: Yes Execute native function: No Queue properties: Out-of-Order: No Profiling : Yes Platform ID: 0x2b98b1c86228 Name: Genuine Intel(R) CPU 0 @ 2.00GHz Vendor: GenuineIntel Driver version: 1.1 Profile: FULL_PROFILE Version: OpenCL 1.0 ATI-Stream-v2.1 (145) Extensions: cl_khr_icd cl_amd_fp64 cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_int64_base_atomics cl_khr_int64_extended_atomics cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_gl_sharing cl_ext_device_fission cl_amd_device_attribute_query cl_amd_printf

0 Likes

UPDATE!

So, I installed driver version 10.3 and everything just worked. I am not going to try and figure out why 10.4 didn't work, I am just going to run with what I have working

Thank you everyone for your help!

0 Likes