cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

grchandra
Journeyman III

Problem wih Managed DirectX Programs with AMD HD 5970

I am a graphics developer at Pentagram Research Centre, India. I've been working on 3D medical imaging using Managed DirectX and C#.NET for quite sometime. I was working on Voxel Rendering of the MRI slices. The voxels are made of cubes with each 8 vertices in each cube. I worked previously on a nvidia 768mb graphics card and I was able to display upto 60 slices. Anything more than 60 slices would give out of memory exception. Then I upgraded my machine with this HD 5970 card. But the results only got worsned as I was able to display only upto 27 slices. I was terribly dissappointed as we spent nearly $1000 on this HD 5970 card and other acessories, like motherboard and PSU. I am shocked to see that this card having a memory of 2gb, is not able to work as expected. Please provide a possible solution at the earliest.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Promilus
Journeyman III

I'm not an expert, however I would like you to try something so we can exclude one possibility. Please turn in CCC Catalyst AI off. That SHOULD result in using just one of two GPUs. Note that HD5970 consist 2 GPUs with internal Crossfire (SLI equivalent). Crossfire doesn't always work as it should. Please turn off second GPU and check if performance changed (for worse or for better). Post results then.

Best regards

Przemyslaw Stalmach

0 Likes

Dear, Thank you for your kind guidence.

Credit Cards | Best Free Credit Repair Information

0 Likes