cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

soyeed
Journeyman III

opencl.dll missing

I have tried installing ATI Stream SDK v2.1 multiple times on my machine once with windows 7 and second with Vista. But at no point it creates an opencl.dll
Could anyone help me with what I am missing? 

Graphics hardware profile.
Maximum Bus Setting PCI Express 2.0 x16

BIOS Version 011.022.001.005
BIOS Part Number BR32687.001
BIOS Date 2009/04/09

Memory Size 512 MB
Memory Type DDR3

Core Clock in MHz 500 MHz
Memory Clock in MHz 667 MHz
Total Memory Bandwidth in GByte/s 9 GByte/s

0 Likes
13 Replies
soyeed
Journeyman III

one more thing my graphics adaptor is

ATI mobility radeon HD 4530

0 Likes

Just to be sure, where did you check for the .dll? The 'system32' folder?

0 Likes

Issue is resolved . thank you

0 Likes

I had the same problem under 7 x64 and a Radeon 5750.

For some reason, Catalyst 10.5 does not install OpenCL.dll

0 Likes

Catalyst drivers does not contain OpenCL.dll

0 Likes

Originally posted by: omkaranathan Catalyst drivers does not contain OpenCL.dll

And what's the correct method to deploy my app then, pls?

I see a file called atiocl.dll, but that's not the OpenCL.dll dependency that DependencyWalker detects so...

Ofc, I would need one that could work also with NVIDIA cards, like OpenGL's ICD does.

0 Likes

OpenCL.dll comes with the SDK. Gets installed in System32 folder.

Ofc, I would need one that could work also with NVIDIA cards, like OpenGL's ICD does.

I din't get you here. Are you expecting the AMD implementation to run on Nvidia cards?

0 Likes

I don't want to create a .exe for each OpenCL platform in the market... so,

all I have to do is to install the ATI OpenCL SDK together with my app's installer so both NVIDIA and ATI platforms can be used?

Btw... is it planned to release the OpenCL.dll inside the Catalyst drivers, pls?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: bubu I don't want to create a .exe for each OpenCL platform in the market... so,

all I have to do is to install the ATI OpenCL SDK together with my app's installer so both NVIDIA and ATI platforms can be used?

Presently it is not possible to generate .exe and run under multiple platform because platform.h is different for different implementations.

Btw... is it planned to release the OpenCL.dll inside the Catalyst drivers, pls?

It is not possible to move OpenCL.dll into catalyst drivers because OpenCL contains CPU implementation also. In future release we will move GPU implemenation(atiocl.dll) to catalyst.

0 Likes

Presently it is not possible to generate .exe and run under multiple platform because platform.h is different for different implementations.

That's fine by the moment but, and I think I speak by all the developers, please, we'll need a way to compile a .exe and run on multiple platforms. We don't like to compile one .exe for each plaform.

It is not possible to move OpenCL.dll into catalyst drivers because OpenCL contains CPU implementation also. In future release we will move GPU implemenation(atiocl.dll) to catalyst.

Ok thanks, I'm waiting that impatiently.

0 Likes

Btw, do the new Cat 10.6 include the atiocl.dll, pls?

0 Likes

ICD/OpenCL runtime in Catalyst is still a few of versions away, unfortunately. It's a non-trivial process for various reasons.

I din't get you here. Are you expecting the AMD implementation to run on Nvidia cards?

That is the point of OpenCL, is it not?

Compile an app on an x86 system and you get an app that should run on an x86 system with any openCL device that has been installed, as long as the ICD is present and that device's driver and OpenCL runtime.

0 Likes

ICD/OpenCL runtime in Catalyst is still a few of versions away, unfortunately. It's a non-trivial process for various reasons.

-That is the point of OpenCL, is it not?

-Compile an app on an x86 system and you get an app that should run on an x86 system with any openCL device that has been installed, as long as the ICD is present and that device's driver and OpenCL runtime.

/agree.

We really need the OpenCL.dll/atiocl.dll inside the Catalyst drivers OR in a monolythic .MSI lightweight package redistributable with a silent installation option ( to install 4x 50Mb SDKs is really not an option ).

0 Likes