cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

aj_guillon
Adept I

Program Build Fails with Debugging Enabled

I am attempting to debug a kernel on the CPU with gdb.  I appended -g to the build options, and clc runs for a much longer period of time than normal.  Finally, clBuildProgram returns -11 (buiild failure), and checking the value of CL_PROGRAM_BUILD_STATUS I get -2 (build error).  The program does compile normally without the -g option.

I'm running on Linux, Ubuntu 10.04.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
5 Replies
omkaranathan
Adept I

What does build log say?

0 Likes

I should have said, the build log is empty.  I strongly suspect that the system has run out of memory as a result.... I do notice that the clc process consumes a lot of resources before this happens, and my program crashes with an std::bad_alloc exception thrown (inside my own code) immediately after the compilation fails.  Again, this code does compile properly without -g enabled.

0 Likes

Could you post the source code?

0 Likes

It looks like it's one particular function that the compiler doesn't like.  When I make that function into a __kernel the compiler segfaults.  When I comment out that function, the -g compilation succeeds.

I will attempt to find what makes the code segfault so that I can post an example.  I don't want to make the code available to the public at this time, but I would be willing to submit a bug report with it if that would help.

I will, however, attempt to narrow down what precisely makes this code segfault the SDK and I will post the code of that minimal test case here.

0 Likes

You can also send your code to streamdeveloper@amd.com if you don't want to post the code in forum.

0 Likes