cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

rotor
Journeyman III

Run OpenCL with ATI SDK on a Nvidia card?

Query Nvidia card from ATI SDK

Hi all,

I am trying to run my OpenCL code on a Nvidia card using ATI SDK. Is it possible to do that?

The reason: currently I am using ATI SKD with an ATI card. Now I want to add a NVidia card to the system to run my app to compare the performance. I don't want to install Nvidia SDK because I did once previously and it make the conflict between the two SDK's dll. After install the Nvidia one, the ATI recognize only Nvidia's dll --> error. Also I am using some ATI SDKUtil function so I don't want to move to Nvidia SDK where I have to rewrite my code.

Question:

-so could I initialize Nvidia card from ATI SDK? I tried to use the program CLinfor on the sample suite but it cannot recognize my Nvidia card.

-if I cannot run ATI SDK on Nvidia card, is there any way to install both two SDK on the same computer without conflict?

Thanks,

Roto

0 Likes
3 Replies
omkaranathan
Adept I

It is not possible to run ATI OpenCL implementation on Nvidia card.

If you want to use both SDK's in same system, you have to direct your application to choose the correct dll at runtime.  

0 Likes

Thx omkaranathan. BTW how should I do to direct my apps to choose the relevant DLL?

Roto

0 Likes

You should be able to list the platforms in the system from your app and that should return the nvidia and AMD platforms. Once you have the two platforms you can create a context for each and access both cards from your app. You'll need both runtimes but the same app should be able to use both.

0 Likes