Just a small update:
Today I'll test with some other, older Radeon cards. Recent tests with 10.5 on a 4350 always crashed hard (VC++ runtime error, nothing meaningful in the logs) on a user system without a debugger, even though the same program ran with an 9.x version of the driver. After having tested different builds of the program I had prepared, I'm sure that's not the (exact) same problem.
I will also do tests with 10.5 on a development system in a few moments.
UPDATE: I didn't get around to make an example, yet. There's been just too much going on recently. Hopefully, I'll manage to get something together once everything is going as usual.
This is another small update:
I have finally managed to find the time to make an example for this issue. It has been sent to AMD on Sunday.
Anyone interested in the example can either post here or write me a PM and I'll release it as a public download.