Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

eldecog
Journeyman III

hello world example

Hi

I just started to learn opencl and I tryed to run the hello world example provided by Benedict Gaster.

http://developer.amd.com/GPU/ATISTREAMSDK/pages/TutorialOpenCL.aspx

but I got a compilation error

no matching function for call to 'cl:latform::getInfo(int, std::string*)'

note: candidates are: cl_int cl:latform::getInfo(cl_platform_info, cl::STRING_CLASS*) const

I use ubuntu 10.04 with all the latest drivers  and software installed

thank you

0 Likes
7 Replies
omkaranathan
Adept I

Modify the line 
platformList[0].getInfo(CL_PLATFORM_VENDOR, &platformVendor);
to
platformList[0].getInfo((cl_platform_info)CL_PLATFORM_VENDOR, &platformVendor);
Also remove the line #define __NO_STD_STRING added above.

0 Likes

ok thank you for this.

Now it works better but I still have error for the last lines of the code:

main.cpp:118: warning: ignoring #pragma OPENCL EXTENSION

main.cpp:119: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘char’

main.cpp:120: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘void’

#pragma OPENCL EXTENSION cl_khr_byte_addressable_store : enable __constant char hw[] = "Hello World\n"; __kernel void hello(__global char * out) { size_t tid = get_global_id(0); out[tid] = hw[tid]; }

0 Likes

lesson1_kernels.cl is a separate file. You have included it in main.cpp it seems.

0 Likes

right!!

I have now other problems:

main.o: In function `cl::detail::ReferenceHandler<_cl_context*>::release(_cl_context*)': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:1085: undefined reference to `clReleaseContext' main.o: In function `cl::detail::ReferenceHandler<_cl_command_queue*>::release(_cl_command_queue*)': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:1094: undefined reference to `clReleaseCommandQueue' main.o: In function `cl::detail::ReferenceHandler<_cl_mem*>::retain(_cl_mem*)': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:1101: undefined reference to `clRetainMemObject' main.o: In function `cl::detail::ReferenceHandler<_cl_mem*>::release(_cl_mem*)': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:1103: undefined reference to `clReleaseMemObject' main.o: In function `cl::detail::ReferenceHandler<_cl_program*>::release(_cl_program*)': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:1121: undefined reference to `clReleaseProgram' main.o: In function `cl::detail::ReferenceHandler<_cl_kernel*>::release(_cl_kernel*)': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:1130: undefined reference to `clReleaseKernel' main.o: In function `cl::detail::ReferenceHandler<_cl_event*>::release(_cl_event*)': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:1139: undefined reference to `clReleaseEvent' main.o: In function `cl::Platform::getInfo(unsigned int, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >*) const': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:1392: undefined reference to `clGetPlatformInfo' main.o: In function `cl::Platform::get(cl::vector<cl::Platform, 10u>*)': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:1549: undefined reference to `clGetPlatformIDs' /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:1556: undefined reference to `clGetPlatformIDs' main.o: In function `Context': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:1700: undefined reference to `clCreateContextFromType' main.o: In function `cl::Event::wait() const': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:2007: undefined reference to `clWaitForEvents' main.o: In function `Buffer': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:2206: undefined reference to `clCreateBuffer' main.o: In function `Program': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:3567: undefined reference to `clCreateProgramWithSource' main.o: In function `cl::Program::build(cl::vector<cl::Device, 10u> const&, char const*, void (*)(_cl_program*, void*), void*) const': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:3747: undefined reference to `clBuildProgram' main.o: In function `Kernel': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:3923: undefined reference to `clCreateKernel' main.o: In function `CommandQueue': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:3976: undefined reference to `clCreateCommandQueue' main.o: In function `cl::CommandQueue::enqueueReadBuffer(cl::Buffer const&, unsigned int, unsigned long, unsigned long, void*, cl::vector<cl::Event, 10u> const*, cl::Event*) const': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:4167: undefined reference to `clEnqueueReadBuffer' main.o: In function `cl::CommandQueue::enqueueNDRangeKernel(cl::Kernel const&, cl::NDRange const&, cl::NDRange const&, cl::NDRange const&, cl::vector<cl::Event, 10u> const*, cl::Event*) const': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:5114: undefined reference to `clEnqueueNDRangeKernel' main.o: In function `int cl::Kernel::setArg<cl::Buffer>(unsigned int, cl::Buffer)': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:3401: undefined reference to `clSetKernelArg' main.o: In function `int cl::Context::getInfo<cl::vector<cl::Device, 10u> >(unsigned int, cl::vector<cl::Device, 10u>*) const': /usr/local/include/CL/cl.hpp:1755: undefined reference to `clGetContextInfo' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

0 Likes

Seems you have not provided the OpenCL library in linker options.

Did you add linker option and library path as given in the tutorial?

What is the command line you are using to compile your program?

0 Likes

yeah you're right I forgot to use lOpenCL as argument

0 Likes

Thank you very much !!!!

0 Likes