sudo gedit ~/.bashrc

and add :

export ATISTREAMSDKROOT=/usr/local/opencl
export ATISTREAMSDKSAMPLESROOT=/usr/local/opencl
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86_64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Then again in a Terminal

export ATISTREAMSDKROOT=/usr/local/opencl

export ATISTREAMSDKSAMPLESROOT=/usr/local/opencl export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86_64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH mkdir /usr/lib/OpenCL mkdir /usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors sudo ln -sf /usr/local/opencl/lib/x86/libatiocl32.so /usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors/libatiocl32.so
sudo ln -sf /usr/local/opencl/lib/x86_64/libatiocl64.so /usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors/libatiocl64.so
cd /usr/local/opencl make sudo ln -sf /usr/local/opencl/lib/x86/libOpenCL.so /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so
sudo ln -sf /usr/local/opencl/lib/x86_64/libOpenCL.so /usr/lib64/libOpenCL.so

I go into :

cd /usr/local/opencl/samples/opencl make cd /usr/local/opencl/samples/opencl/bin/x86_64 ./HelloCL
and boom nada !
HelloCL! Getting Platform Information Platform::get() failed (-1001)
I already removed everything and done it again 3 times and still no0thing, any help will be nice !@

0 Likes
7 Replies
omkaranathan
Adept I

The new OpenCL™ ICD model changes the locale for vendor-specific libraries under Linux® from /usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors to /etc/OpenCL/vendors. Also, instead of the actual vendor-specific libraries, .icd files are now used to specify the name of the vendor-specific library.

For more information, see section 2.2 of the ATI Stream SDK Installation Notes .

http://developer.amd.com/gpu/ATIStreamSDK/assets/ATI_Stream_SDK_Installation_Notes.pdf

0 Likes

Do you know that in section 2.2 nothing is said about /etc/OpenCL.

it is only mentioned if you have to uninstall the SDK, anyway it doen'st work either.

0 Likes

I just noticed. 

You have to copy OpenCL folder from the icd-registration.tgz file to /etc folder. 

0 Likes

Just going to your root directory ("/") and extracting the icd-registration.tgz there should work.

cd /
sudo tar xzf icd-registration.tgz

0 Likes

thanks i will try.

Update, Just did it and it worked. Thanks all.

Last think , anyone know an opensource code for Finance, Trading ? in opencl of course ?

0 Likes

try my packages.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: blacksamlou thanks i will try.

Update, Just did it and it worked. Thanks all.

Last think , anyone know an opensource code for Finance, Trading ? in opencl of course ?

There are samples in OpenCL SDK like MonteCarlo simulation of Asian option pricing, BlackScholes and BinomialOption. I am not sure these samples help you or not.

0 Likes