cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

mahadevan
Journeyman III

Does ATI Radeon HD5750 OpenCL supports cl_khr_byte_addressable_store in GPU mode

When I run CLInfo on Windows/Linux, I am able to see extension  cl_khr_byte_addressable_store for CPU, but not for  GPU. Some where in this forum(/else where), it is mentioned that HD5xxx series do support the extension cl_khr_byte_addressable_store.

So does OpenCL implementation for HD5750 supports(OpenCL 1.0 ATI-Stream-v2.0.1) the cl_khr_byte_addressable_store on GPU?

If it is not supporting, any exporting of ENV-variables/some hacks are available for getting the extension cl_khr_byte_addressable_store?

Finally I was able to install the ati-driver-installer-10-4-x86.x86_64 on Fedora 12 with OpenCL working. More Info is at    myurl

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
2 Replies
davibu
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: mahadevan

So does OpenCL implementation for HD5750 supports(OpenCL 1.0 ATI-Stream-v2.0.1) the cl_khr_byte_addressable_store on GPU?

If it is not supporting, any exporting of ENV-variables/some hacks are available for getting the extension cl_khr_byte_addressable_store?

The driver binary have a "GPU_BYTE_ADDRESSABLE_STORE" string inside. May be something like an "export GPU_BYTE_ADDRESSABLE_STORE=1" could solve your problem.

0 Likes

Please upgrade to SDK2.1. In SDK2.1, cl_khr_byte_addressable_store supported for 8xx devices. See following link for SDK2.1.

http://developer.amd.com/gpu/ATIStreamSDK/Pages/default.aspx#two

0 Likes