Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

KussKuss
Journeyman III

ATI Stream on Mobility Radeon 4570

ATI Stream support

Just wanted to find out if the moblity series of radeon cards are hampered in some way as many software companies are only providing ati stream support in 4600 Series or 4800 series. Such as Cyberlinks's Powerdirector or Arcsoft simHD?

Is the hardware of mobility radeon cards such as 4570 unable to perform stream related tasks such as gpu only transcode.

Or is it that the drivers are simply not mature enough to fully support stream functions in ati cards such as 4570?

Thank you in advance for your patience and time.

0 Likes
2 Replies
omkaranathan
Adept I

ATI StreamSDK supports all the GPUs listed in

http://developer.amd.com/gpu/ATIStreamSDK/Pages/default.aspx

I'm able to use StreamSDK without any issues in my 4570 card. Are you facing any specific issues?

0 Likes

Have you tried using ATI Stream in the 4570 card to transcode or interconvert videos ? I have not been able to find any software that can use just the gpu especially the 4570 to interconvert the videos.

I was actually out looking for any 3rd Party software that utilizes stream on the 4570 but couldnt find the mobility radeon card listed under any of their supported card sections... I was wondering if having reduced stream processors would exclude this card from being supported by applications such as Cyberlink Powerdirector or Mediashow Espresso?

If you can shed any light on this, it would be most appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes