Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

JCBARCA
Journeyman III

Problems with installing ATI Catalyst OpenGL 4.0 preview driver for Linux

The installer claims that there is no space on my hard disk

Hi.

I am new to Linux and I am trying to install the ATI Catalyst OpenGL 4.0 preview driver for Linux. The problem is that the installer tells me that there not is enough free space to install the driver. However the driver only requires 75 MB and there are several GB of free space.

I am running Linux Knoppix 6.2 and I have a ATI Mobillity Radeon HD 4650 graphics card. I type the following into my terminal as a super user:

root@Microknoppix:/home/fglrx-8.712.3.1# dir
ati-driver-installer-8.712.3.1-x86.x86_64.run  check.sh  doc
root@Microknoppix:/home/fglrx-8.712.3.1# chmod 755 ati-driver-installer-8.712.3.1-x86.x86_64.run
root@Microknoppix:/home/fglrx-8.712.3.1# ./ati-driver-installer-8.712.3.1-x86.x86_64.run

and get the following output:

Created directory fglrx-install.JkYhDu
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing ATI Proprietary Linux Driver-8.712.3.1...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
==================================================
 ATI Technologies Linux Driver Installer/Packager
==================================================
Detected configuration:
Architecture: i686 (32-bit)
X Server: X.Org 7.4 and later releases
cp: cannot stat `x740/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/glesx*': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `x740/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/amdxmm*': No such file or directory
find: `install/usr/lib/xorg/modules/glesx*': No such file or directory
find: `install/usr/lib/xorg/modules/amdxmm*': No such file or directory
Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.JkYhDu
root@Microknoppix:/home/fglrx-8.712.3.1#

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong and how I can install the driver...

0 Likes
0 Replies