cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Akad
Journeyman III

3xxx-5xxx series problem with AVIVO on vista/7.

Hello!

I develop a DVB player (ProgDVB), and found a problems in 3xxx-5xxx card series. This problems depend on ccc option demo mode. When I set demo mode enhancements off, driver works correctly. But I have a problem if it is on or split screen.

First problem is following.  When user is watching TV on standard EVR or EVR custom mode with 2.5% border (border cutting is 2.5% of frame) on EVR video render, a green border appears on the frame perimeter.

Second problem. When custom EVR mode (manual frames output) is used  I have a crush deep in the driver  when I try to get a decoded frame second time (when IMFTransform:rocessOutput is doing) after restart graph.

It happens only on vista or seven with 3xxx-5xxx card series when enhancements on/split. All works fine on XP. ATI series less than 3xxx work fine. All nvidia cards work fine. And if AVIVO enhancements off on vista or seven it works fine too.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Akad
Journeyman III

Can anybody help me? (Up).

0 Likes

Where can we dload your app to test this issue.

Please provide step by step intructions to repro...

0 Likes
Akad
Journeyman III

To simulate the described issue on windows 7 do fallowing steps:

1. Download ProgDVB for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Win7 from:

http://www.progdvb.com/download_progdvb.html

and download video file from:

http://test.progdvb.com/yle_sub.ts

2. Install and run ProgDVB.

3. In menu Settings->Device List. Select TS Reader and click to enable this device. Than click properties and select downloaded yle_sub.ts file.

4. Select in menu channel list->channel search->TS Reader. After some time click ok on Scanning report window, and select any channel.

You will see a green border around video (first issue).

5. In settings->Options->Codecs->Video render select EVR custom presenter  and click ok youll get crush deep in the driver (second issue)..

0 Likes
Akad
Journeyman III

Anybody?

0 Likes
Akad
Journeyman III

Can anybody help me?

0 Likes

We are investigating the issue...

0 Likes
Akad
Journeyman III

The new version of drivers is out, but the problems steel exist.
Is it a big problem to fix it?

0 Likes
Akad
Journeyman III

More, than 3 month ago I had been written to ATI support about a bug on drivers. 3 month ago I had been posted a question on this forum about it. But the bug steel exists!!!

ATI doesn’t care about its users, does it?  Or what?

0 Likes

So far we have discovered that:

1. Green lines on the right side when enabling Color Vibrance are due to the fact that source/target rectangles are not multiple of 4

2. Driver crash because we don't support ARGB8888

Please be patient with us, we only have a certain # of engineers compared to the mass # of apps out there.

0 Likes