cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

drdave
Journeyman III

How to determine the number of streaming processors using OpenCL

I've done some searching and I can't work out how to determine the number of streaming processors using OpenCL.  I have been able to determine the number of devices, and the number of compute units, but being able to determing the number of streaming processors is something I've not been able to do.  I know it says 800 on the box my Radon 4850 came with, but I would like to be able to verify this number with OpenCL.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Cheers

0 Likes
3 Replies

drdave, the number of streaming processors used is determined by the following equation.

min(#streamingprocessors, (global_size_x * global_size_y * global_size_z)/4).
0 Likes

Thanks for your response.  Are you able to provide some sample code to do this?  I can't work out how to get #streamingprocessors or any of the global_size_... values.  I've seen some examples on the net like:

global_size_x = get_global_size(0)

but I can't get that to compile.  I'm guessing I either don't have the right header files or they only work for NVIDIA cards!?! (I've been using the ati-stream-sdk-v2.01-xp32).

Thanks again.

0 Likes

5870 card have for example 20 streaming processor (each have 5*16 units). so it will run up to 20 groups simultaneously. in general it will use all stream processor available.

0 Likes