cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

bobvodka2
Journeyman III

D3D11 Tool support

Is there an ETA on when we are going to see D3D11 support in tools such as GPU PerfStudio and GPU ShaderAnalyzer?

0 Likes
13 Replies
bpurnomo
Staff

Soon.

0 Likes

and support for OpenGL in Shader Analyzer? because it is broken.

0 Likes

Please see my reply in the other thread.

0 Likes
plohrmann
Staff

GPU PerfStudio 2.1 has just been posted with DX11 and OpenGL support. The performance counters have been updated and should provide more information about your shaders.

http://developer.amd.com/GPU/PERFSTUDIO/Pages/default.aspx

0 Likes

Also, OpenGL support should be fixed in GPU ShaderAnalyzer 1.53.  In addition, we added DX11 support and support for ATI Radeon 5870 and 5770 graphics cards.

0 Likes

GSA 1.53 can't be installed on Windows 7 32-bit and Windows XP because of installer error 1721.

0 Likes

Hi JoeDoe82,

We haven't been able to reproduce the problem you reported (GSA 1.53 successfully installed on XP and Window 7 32-bit machines that we have).

Do you have an admin privilege in the machine?  You can try the following:

Open a command line prompt with Run as Administrator option and type: msiexec /i GPUShaderAnalyzer_2010-01-15_1.53.0.2271.msi

0 Likes

I did as you said, but the problem remains. May be I'm unlucky guy

Please note that GSA 1.52 was installed and re-installed without any problems on my machine.

The error occurs on the stage: Removing backup files...

Error 1721. There is a problem with the Windows Installer package.

0 Likes

I also cannot install GSA 1.53 on my windows 7 64-bit machine giving me error 1721

0 Likes

Are you performing a full uninstall and reinstall? Or using the "Check for new version" feature of GSA?

If you have used one, can you please try the other? I have an idea on what the problem might be, but cannot reproduce it. Hopefully one of the two paths will avoid the issue.

0 Likes

I got the same error either way.
When I used the "Check for new version" feature I got the error during installation. 
With a full uninstall and reinstall i got that error while uninstalling GSA 1.52 (maybe the problem is with GSA 1.52?)

0 Likes

hmmm, I'm surprised that you also experienced it during an uninstall. Were you able to get it uninstalled though?

During the installation of GSA 1.53, does a dialog appear asking you to associate file extensions with GSA? If not, please try performing a silent install from a command line instead:

cd to the directory with the GSA MSI

msiexec /i GPUShaderAnalyzer_2010-01-15_1.53.0.2271.msi /quiet

I suspect that when the installation tries to open the file extensions dialog, it is being denied and failing. The silent install will not try to open the dialog, and I expect that it will successfully install.

0 Likes

No the uninstallation was unsuccessful with the method i tried before, however i did manage to install GSA 1.53 with silent mode and in the process uninstalling 1.52. Thanks  

0 Likes