cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

noxnet
Journeyman III

papers / specifications

I'm currently searching for some papers concerning OpenCL on ATI graphics cards or AMD CPUs. I already found this site http://developer.amd.com/gpu/ATIStreamSDK/pages/Documentation.aspx but I'm interessted in some in depth information on how ATI graphics cards are handling different things like:

Coalescing differences on Devices (comparable to Nvida Compute Capability 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2)?

Improvements from 4xxx cards to 5xxx?

and other useful information.

Are there any additionals papers or any other kind of documentation available?

0 Likes
2 Replies

Most of really useful technical information about HD 4XXX/5XXX were provided by MicahVillmow at these forums. So if you're wanna dig something specific it's good idea to check out all Micah's posts here (time consuming, yeah).

And, imo, ATI should compile all these posts and publish them as separate document.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: empty_knapsack Most of really useful technical information about HD 4XXX/5XXX were provided by MicahVillmow at these forums. So if you're wanna dig something specific it's good idea to check out all Micah's posts here (time consuming, yeah).

And, imo, ATI should compile all these posts and publish them as separate document.

Yep, I agree. Most of the useful information is from this forum, not the documentation. The documentation only covers really basic stuff.

0 Likes