cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

bolotskikh
Journeyman III

GetRenderTargetData and VPU recovering on Radeon 5700 Series

Run two and more instances of application that uses GetRenderTargetData and they produce VPU recovering

Changed video to Radeon 5700 Series and found that our application produce VPU recovering if I run it twice. We use Catalyst 10.2 and Windows XP, CPU is i7 920.

During investigation we found that the problem is in GetRenderTargetData that is called from different processes twice. I created interprocess synchronization object to synchronize GetRenderTargetData calls between two and more processes and look like it works stable right now. 

I'm not sure that this is good solution, because if some another application will use GetRenderTargetData at the same time and we will have VPU recover. I think that this is problem (deadlock) should be fixed on driver level.

Also no problem was with Radeon 4800. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
bolotskikh
Journeyman III

Create some simple demo to reproduce this problem. Demo creates two threads and every thread calls GetRenderTargetData in loop. it works stable on 4xxxx (I checked 5 of them), but VPU recovery happens on 5800 and 5700. Please help me to improve this situation with GRTD() function.

0 Likes

Could you send me the demo shows this issue? I think I can help on this. My email address is: mailto: dimple.jian@amd.com

0 Likes

I sent it please check it.

0 Likes