Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

james_2002uk
Journeyman III

OpenCL parallel primitives library

Is there a library that provides signal/image processing functions in openCL

Hi,

I've been investigating the possibility of enhancing the performance of some the image processing code used in the project I'm working on by using openCL.

I was wondering if there is a library available that implements common low level signal/image processing functions such as ffts, convolutions, multi grid operators etc a bit like the intel performance primitives library (which we are currently using)?

If this doesn't exist then is there any reason why this would not be practical? We would really need a library like to this for openCL to be a viable alternative.

James

0 Likes
1 Reply
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: james_2002uk Hi,

I've been investigating the possibility of enhancing the performance of some the image processing code used in the project I'm working on by using openCL.

I was wondering if there is a library available that implements common low level signal/image processing functions such as ffts, convolutions, multi grid operators etc a bit like the intel performance primitives library (which we are currently using)?

Presently no libraries exists.  You can expect fft library in upcomming releases.

0 Likes