cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Fr4nz
Journeyman III

Ubuntu 9.04 and video-drivers 10.2: OpenCL reporting wrong GPU operating frequency

Hello,

I'm working under Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit with an ATI 5770 and ATI Stream SDK 2.01.

Today I've upgraded videocard drivers from 9.12 to 10.2 and I've noticed that the GPU operating frequency reported by OpenCL APIs is 960Mhz instead of 850Mhz, when querying the GPU about its properties.

In the ATI control center the frequency reported is 850Mhz, which is correct. I've also verified that this "problem" does not depend from the SDK, because also with SDK 2.00 the same wrong frequency, 960Mhz, is reported: before upgrading drivers and SDK, the frequency was correctly reported as "850".

So, my question is: is  this a bug related to the new video drivers or the GPU is really running at a speed >850Mhz ? For me it is important to know this when study running times of my kernels...

0 Likes
3 Replies
FangQ
Adept I

I just upgraded my card from 4650 to 4890OC, CLInfo reported the correct processor frequency (950Mhz), but the memory was wrong. It has 1GB memory, but OpenCL reported 256M

My OS is Ubuntu 9.10

0 Likes

Up for this thread.

0 Likes

Fr4nz,

The issue has been reported to the developers and they are looking into it. Thanks for reporting.

0 Likes