cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

amitg
Journeyman III

Which API can I use to fetch the GPU load?

Hello, this is a newbie question: What's the easiest way to programmatically get the GPU utilization % for AMD graphics cards? Something akin to CPU% displayed in the task manager. Can someone point me to the proper resources & documentation to achieve this? Thanks very much!

0 Likes
4 Replies
nou
Exemplar

ADL SDK http://developer.amd.com/gpu/ADLSDK/Pages/default.aspx

0 Likes
zubac
Journeyman III

I needed for my small ATI Stream project to fetch that value too (to make application look better ;-D). I wrote some simple Stream kernel code that takes to finish few seconds, and one separate .net codepath to show me the values like: activity, GPU Frequency etc. , and to refresh that information (for example 4 times a second). And every time the program refreshes info (under load from Stream kernel and only then) my mouse pointer stops for a moment. It seems like under load that Interupted Request (or what I know what it is) makes my program look bad. My question: Is there any way to improve that.

0 Likes

on GPU can currently run only one task at the time. when you run Stream kernel it can't refresh screen. to avoid this you must break long execution time into shorter.

0 Likes
zubac
Journeyman III

Thanks for information. I was already thinking about using one computer (the one that can run stream kernel) as server, and display all informations on another (which will be client). But now I am hoping that performane loss with more simpler kernel calls over the one bigger call is not going to be that significant

0 Likes