Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

sjchou
Journeyman III

Can stream sdk for opencl support intel's cpu

as title,

I querry the device and it only lists my gpu and it can not list my cpu.

Is it normal?

My cpu is intel core i7.

But it can list nvidia's gpu normally, and even it can use it to do caluation, is it normal?

0 Likes
5 Replies
omkaranathan
Adept I

Which application are you using to list available devices?

Seems you have installed NVIDIA sdk also, in that case, make sure that your application is picking the correct library(Stream SDK)

0 Likes

I build the application by myself.

I'm sure I use stream's opencl because I include .h file in stream sdk path and so does .lib files.

I installed nvidia's sdk also because I have both nvidia's gpu and amd's gpu.

But I do not have amd's cpu.

I'd like to know if stream sdk also support intel's cpu under opencl?Will I get performance benefit compare to use single thread C++ code(host code only) when i want to do something like convolution of image process?

and why does it also support nvidia's gpu?does it use stream's opencl and nvidia's driver at the same time?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: sjchou I build the application by myself.

I'm sure I use stream's opencl because I include .h file in stream sdk path and so does .lib files.

I installed nvidia's sdk also because I have both nvidia's gpu and amd's gpu.

nvidia sdk installs libraries in system32 folder. Your application is picking up the .dll from nvdia sdk, which is why you can see nvidia's gpu listed.

But I do not have amd's cpu.

I'd like to know if stream sdk also support intel's cpu under opencl?Will I get performance benefit compare to use single thread C++ code(host code only) when i want to do something like convolution of image process?

and why does it also support nvidia's gpu?does it use stream's opencl and nvidia's driver at the same time?

Stream Sdk supports all CPU devices with X86 CPU w/ SSE 3.x or later. You wont see the nvidia GPU being listed once the application is able to find correct .dll.

0 Likes

Would you please list which dll will affect it? thanks.

0 Likes

Make sure that only Stream SDK's OpenCL.dll exists in the path.

0 Likes