Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

pavandsp
Adept I

Unable to build ATI SDK OpenCL v2.0

Hi

I am unable to build the sdk in Ubuntu 9 series and in AMD CPU.

i am facing prob in SDK ComandArgs.cpp error at 51 "error :sscanf was not declared in this scope"

I tried building from /samples/opencl by make

Please let me know why i am facing this issue .did i missed any stuff

Thanks

Pavan

0 Likes
13 Replies
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: pavandsp Hi

I am unable to build the sdk in Ubuntu 9 series and in AMD CPU.

i am facing prob in SDK ComandArgs.cpp error at 51 "error :sscanf was not declared in this scope"

I tried building from /samples/opencl by make

Please let me know why i am facing this issue .did i missed any stuff

PavanDSP,

Could you please include stdio.h and make again?  Please give us your OS details and GCC details.

0 Likes

Hi,

i have the same error

i use opensuse 11.2 (32bit)

gcc version 4.4.1 [gcc-4_4-branch revision 150839] (SUSE Linux)

this message appears when i try to make the sdk samples

soufsouf@blabla:~/ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-lnx32> make make -C samples make[1]: Entering directory `/home/soufsouf/ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-lnx32/samples' make -C opencl make[2]: Entering directory `/home/soufsouf/ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-lnx32/samples/opencl' make -C SDKUtil make[3]: Entering directory `/home/soufsouf/ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-lnx32/samples/opencl/SDKUtil' mkdir -p depends perl ../../../make/fastdep.pl -I. -I../../../include --obj-suffix='.o' --obj-prefix='build/debug/x86//' SDKFile.cpp > depends/SDKFile.depend mkdir -p depends perl ../../../make/fastdep.pl -I. -I../../../include --obj-suffix='.o' --obj-prefix='build/debug/x86//' SDKCommandArgs.cpp > depends/SDKCommandArgs.depend mkdir -p depends perl ../../../make/fastdep.pl -I. -I../../../include --obj-suffix='.o' --obj-prefix='build/debug/x86//' SDKCommon.cpp > depends/SDKCommon.depend mkdir -p depends perl ../../../make/fastdep.pl -I. -I../../../include --obj-suffix='.o' --obj-prefix='build/debug/x86//' SDKBitMap.cpp > depends/SDKBitMap.depend mkdir -p depends perl ../../../make/fastdep.pl -I. -I../../../include --obj-suffix='.o' --obj-prefix='build/debug/x86//' SDKApplication.cpp > depends/SDKApplication.depend make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/soufsouf/ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-lnx32/samples/opencl/SDKUtil' make[3]: Entering directory `/home/soufsouf/ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-lnx32/samples/opencl/SDKUtil' mkdir -p build/debug/x86/ Building build/debug/x86//SDKApplication.o g++ -m32 -msse2 -Wfloat-equal -Wpointer-arith -DATI_OS_LINUX -g3 -ffor-scope -I ../../../include -I ../../../include -o build/debug/x86//SDKApplication.o -c SDKApplication.cpp mkdir -p build/debug/x86/ Building build/debug/x86//SDKBitMap.o g++ -m32 -msse2 -Wfloat-equal -Wpointer-arith -DATI_OS_LINUX -g3 -ffor-scope -I ../../../include -I ../../../include -o build/debug/x86//SDKBitMap.o -c SDKBitMap.cpp mkdir -p build/debug/x86/ Building build/debug/x86//SDKCommon.o g++ -m32 -msse2 -Wfloat-equal -Wpointer-arith -DATI_OS_LINUX -g3 -ffor-scope -I ../../../include -I ../../../include -o build/debug/x86//SDKCommon.o -c SDKCommon.cpp mkdir -p build/debug/x86/ Building build/debug/x86//SDKCommandArgs.o g++ -m32 -msse2 -Wfloat-equal -Wpointer-arith -DATI_OS_LINUX -g3 -ffor-scope -I ../../../include -I ../../../include -o build/debug/x86//SDKCommandArgs.o -c SDKCommandArgs.cpp SDKCommandArgs.cpp: In member function ‘int streamsdk::SDKCommandArgs::match(char**, int)’: SDKCommandArgs.cpp:51: error: ‘sscanf’ was not declared in this scope make[3]: *** [build/debug/x86//SDKCommandArgs.o] Error 1 make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/soufsouf/ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-lnx32/samples/opencl/SDKUtil' make[2]: *** [SDKUtil] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/soufsouf/ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-lnx32/samples/opencl' make[1]: *** [opencl] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/soufsouf/ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-lnx32/samples' make: *** [samples] Error 2

0 Likes

Originally posted by: soufsoufs Hi,

i have the same error

i use opensuse 11.2 (32bit)

gcc version 4.4.1 [gcc-4_4-branch revision 150839] (SUSE Linux)

this message appears when i try to make the sdk samples

Soursoufs,

Please include stdio.h in SDKCommandArgs.cpp and make again.

0 Likes

Thanks genaganna,

it works now

but when i try to execute any of the samples i had a segmentation fault !

i included path of libopencl.so to my bash file

so what is the problem?

how to know if the driver is installed correctly?

i have an HD5750 with ATI Catalyst 9.12 Hotfix installed

0 Likes

Originally posted by: soufsoufs Thanks genaganna,

it works now

but when i try to execute any of the samples i had a segmentation fault !

i included path of libopencl.so to my bash file

so what is the problem?

how to know if the driver is installed correctly?

i have an HD5750 with ATI Catalyst 9.12 Hotfix installed

Please run sample with --device cpu option and past output here.

Good way to test driver installed or not is run CAL sample FindNumDevices.

0 Likes

this is the results of running a sample with and without  --device cpu option

the final one is the result of running FindNumDevices

soufsouf@blabla:~/ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-lnx32/samples/opencl/bin/x86> ./AESEncryptDecrypt --device cpu Encrypting Image .... Input Image : lena512.bmp Key : 15 201 51 89 92 34 96 66 11 225 161 96 81 211 108 124 Segmentation fault soufsouf@blabla:~/ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-lnx32/samples/opencl/bin/x86> ./AESEncryptDecrypt Encrypting Image .... Input Image : lena512.bmp Key : 15 201 51 89 92 34 96 66 11 225 161 96 81 211 108 124 Segmentation fault soufsouf@blabla:~/ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-lnx32/samples/cal/bin/x86> ./FindNumDevices Supported CAL Runtime Version: 1.3.185 Found CAL Runtime Version: 1.4.515 Use -? for help Segmentation fault

0 Likes

Originally posted by: soufsoufs this is the results of running a sample with and without  --device cpu option

the final one is the result of running FindNumDevices

Soufsoufs,

I am not sure whether it is becasue of OS or GCC. 

Officially OpenSUSE 11 is only supported.  Could you please try with GCC 4.3?

0 Likes
rahulgarg
Adept II

Someone had mentioned that with the newer kernels you need to add "nopat" to the kernel boot arguments due to some bugs in the catalyst drivers.

0 Likes

It appears the issues for Ubuntu 9.10 have not yet been resolved with Catalyst 10.1.

System: Ubuntu 9.10, Radeon HD 5770, Catalyst 10.1

The CPU OpenCL works. The GPU does not.

0 Likes

it seem that catalyst 10.1 do not support OpenCL.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: nou it seem that catalyst 10.1 do not support OpenCL.

0 Likes

From where to download catalyst 10.1 for 64-bit linux

0 Likes

Originally posted by: nou it seem that catalyst 10.1 do not support OpenCL.

i was wrong. 10.1 has support for OpenCL. but version is lower as in 9.12 hotfix. for me 10.1 has bug in DKMS module build when it fail to patch some file.

you can download it here http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/linux/Pages/radeon_linux.aspx

0 Likes