Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Raistmer
Adept II

ATI Stream SDK 2 installation on Vista

installer doesn't work properly

OS Vista x86 SP2, no ATI GPU.
Installer in "custom installation" mode installs only profiler.
No SDK or samples. Rerunning with "modify" offers same (profiler only ) choice.
Separate msi available and they install OK manually.
press enter 3 times intead of one usually better than trying to install app few times
0 Likes
6 Replies
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: Raistmer OS Vista x86 SP2, no ATI GPU. Installer in "custom installation" mode installs only profiler. No SDK or samples. Rerunning with "modify" offers same (profiler only ) choice. Separate msi available and they install OK manually. press enter 3 times intead of one usually better than trying to install app few times

Raistmer,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Few people facing same issues. We have already reported to appropriate person.  I hope you are able to run samples after installing msi's separately.

0 Likes

Thank you for reporting this issue. Few people facing same issues. We have already reported to appropriate person.  I hope you are able to run samples after installing msi's separately.

I am neither able to install the ATI OpenCL SDK running thre MSIs separately. The two only files deployed correctly are the

\samples\opencl\bin\x86\SobelFilter_Output.bmp

\samples\opencl\bin\x86_64\SobelFilter_Output.bmp

I'm using W7 x64, I'm Administrator and the installer have all the permissions possible.

When are you going to fix this, pls? I just bought a 5750 and I'm not able to develop OpenCL with it.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: bubu

I am neither able to install the ATI OpenCL SDK running thre MSIs separately. The two only files deployed correctly are the

\samples\opencl\bin\x86\SobelFilter_Output.bmp

\samples\opencl\bin\x86_64\SobelFilter_Output.bmp

I'm using W7 x64, I'm Administrator and the installer have all the permissions possible.

When are you going to fix this, pls? I just bought a 5750 and I'm not able to develop OpenCL with it.

Bubu,

Are you installing 32 bit packages?  Installing 32 bit package on 64 bit system is not supported yet.  Could you please give us more details about the steps followed while installing?

0 Likes

Bubu,

Are you installing 32 bit packages?  Installing 32 bit package on 64 bit system is not supported yet.  Could you please give us more details about the steps followed while installing?

Nope, they're 64 bits and I'm using W7 x64.

Steps:

1. Get an NVIDIA card ( I want to install your SDK for CPU by the moment, although I plan to use it for a 5750 too ). Install Forceware, etc...

2. Execute the ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-vista-win7-64.exe with administrator rights.

3. Uncompress to a non-default location like d:\OpenCL_tmp

4. Custom install, install it on non-default location. For example, to d:\OpenCL_ATI_SDK

5. Once the installation ends, go to d:\OpenCL_ATI_SDK and see that only two BMP files deployed there.

6. Ok, although the installed failed, try to execute the .MSIs independently... Same result 8(

0 Likes

Originally posted by: bubu

Nope, they're 64 bits and I'm using W7 x64.

Steps:

1. Get an NVIDIA card ( I want to install your SDK for CPU by the moment, although I plan to use it for a 5750 too ). Install Forceware, etc...

2. Execute the ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-vista-win7-64.exe with administrator rights.

3. Uncompress to a non-default location like d:\OpenCL_tmp

4. Custom install, install it on non-default location. For example, to d:\OpenCL_ATI_SDK

5. Once the installation ends, go to d:\OpenCL_ATI_SDK and see that only two BMP files deployed there.

6. Ok, although the installed failed, try to execute the .MSIs independently... Same result 8(

Are you installing independent msi's at default path or your coustom locations?  Make sure you uninstall previous AMD SDK before installing these msi's.

0 Likes

The v2.01 works now!

thx

0 Likes