cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

ryta1203
Journeyman III

Profiler problem

The profile tells me that it can't profile the samples and that I shoudl try to manually compile or check permissions.

Well, the permissions are fine.

I tried manually compiling and nothing.

The program runs fine I just can't profile. Is there any other way to get the IL/ISA code without profiling?

Or how do I fix this profiling problem?

0 Likes
3 Replies
nou
Exemplar

you can get IL/ISA code when you set enviroment variable GPU_DUMP_DEVICE_KERNEL=3 it will create for each kernel own file.

0 Likes
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: ryta1203 The profile tells me that it can't profile the samples and that I shoudl try to manually compile or check permissions.

Well, the permissions are fine.

I tried manually compiling and nothing.

The program runs fine I just can't profile. Is there any other way to get the IL/ISA code without profiling?

Or how do I fix this profiling problem?

Ryta1203,

Could you please give more details about your problem? I hope you know that "Profiler is valid only for CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU".

0 Likes

Hi Ryta,

We are aware of some problems with the profiler where it might fail to profile apps with multiple project settings.  These problems will be fixed in the next release of the tool.   For now, you can try the following workaround: set the Linker->Output File to have the same value for all the configurations (Debug, Release, etc) in the project settings.

0 Likes