cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

rahulgarg
Adept II

Problems running SDK v2 OpenCL samples

I just installed the 9.12 hotfix driver and Stream 2.0 production release on Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit. I have added the library path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I tried running a sample HelloCL and got the following error:

./HelloCL
HelloCL!
Getting Platform Information
Platform::get() failed (-1000)
Creating a context AMD platform
Segmentation fault

Any ideas?

0 Likes
17 Replies

Is the ICD installed correctly?
I.e. does OpenCL.so live in your path and atiocl[32|64].so exist in either /usr/bin/OpenCL/vendors or /usr/bin32/OpenCL/vendors

?
0 Likes

You wrote:

/usr/bin32/OpenCL/vendors

/usr/bin64/OpenCL/vendors

The Installation notes wrote:

usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors

Of course bin32 and bin64 does not exist, but lib32 and lib64 does.

I tried to run a sample app - CLInfo - from $ATISTREAMSDKROOT/samples/opencl/bin/x86_64 but I always get this error message:

./CLInfo: error while loading shared libraries: libOpenCL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

That is my install script:

export ATISTREAMSDKROOT=/home/pex/ATIStream
export ATISTREAMSDKSAMPLESROOT=/home/pex/ATIStream/samples
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86_64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
sudo mkdir /usr/lib/OpenCL
sudo mkdir /usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors
sudo mkdir /usr/lib32/OpenCL
sudo mkdir /usr/lib32/OpenCL/vendors
sudo mkdir /usr/lib64/OpenCL
sudo mkdir /usr/lib64/OpenCL/vendors
sudo ln -sf $LD_LIBRARY_PATH/libatiocl64.so /usr/lib64/OpenCL/vendors/libatiocl64.so
sudo ln -sf $LD_LIBRARY_PATH/libatiocl64.so /usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors/libatiocl64.so
sudo ln -sf $ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86/libatiocl32.so /usr/lib32/OpenCL/vendors/libatiocl32.so
sudo ln -sf $ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86/libatiocl32.so /usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors/libatiocl32.so

Every libatioclXX.so are everywhere. but does not work.

Please advise!

Thanks!

0 Likes

Also, make sure the old OpenCL libraries are not in your path anywhere. I'll file a report on the crash as the app should exit cleanly.
0 Likes

Got it running, thanks.  ICD was not installed correctly as you pointed out. I now symlinked libatiocl64.so to /usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors/libatiocl64.so following the developer release notes and now it works.

0 Likes

Sorry, it should be /usr/lib, not /usr/bin. That was my mistake
0 Likes

OK lib it is clear. But can you help me?

The install script above.

System:

UBUNTU 9.04 - 64

FGLRX: 9.12hotfix  8.682.2 x86_64

0 Likes

Originally posted by: pex OK lib it is clear. But can you help me?

The install script above.

see below

export ATISTREAMSDKSAMPLESROOT=/home/pex/ATIStream
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86_64:$ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
sudo ln -sf $ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86_64/libatiocl64.so /usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors/libatiocl64.so
sudo ln -sf $ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86/libatiocl32.so /usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors/libatiocl32.so

0 Likes

Thank you for for your help!

I tried but I get same error message.

Of course I purged every libxx.so where is not nessecery.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: pex Thank you for for your help!

I am assuming you are running first script and then running sample on the same command terminal.  if not, try this way

0 Likes

Khm, ... Thanks a lot!

It works!

I dont know what I have done first...

*beer*

0 Likes

export a variable do not last termination of terminal in which was invoke. put that export line at the end of ~/.bashrc file so it will set on every terminal which you use.

0 Likes

I am having pretty much the same issues here, and am having zero luck fixing it. 

My setup script is exactly the same as listed above

export ATISTREAMSDKSAMPLESROOT=/home/pex/ATIStream
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86_64:$ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
sudo ln -sf $ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86_64/libatiocl64.so /usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors/libatiocl64.so

I am using a Firestream 9270, 9.12 drivers (installed via YAST2), and running on x86_64 version of openSUSE 11.0.

I've installed all the needed packages, as well as, the recommended 32bit counterparts.

When I delete my atiocl64/32.so files, and re-symlink them I get a new fun error when trying to run the HelloCL file...

HelloCL!

X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)

Major opcode of failed request: 145 ()

Minor opcode of failed request: 19 

Serial number of failed request: 8

Current serial number in output stream: 8

I also find it strange that my driver is loaded and present in my xorg.conf, the CCC launches without error, yet when I try to run the command:

atiode -P60 H localhost:0; echo $?

I get error 2 returned to me. Basically that I have no 3D acceleration...

Also of interest, is that the CCC does not list any versions or rev numbers for any of the OpenGL points.

More than happy to supply any files, or further information needed. 

0 Likes

Originally posted by: bmelton77

I am having pretty much the same issues here, and am having zero luck fixing it. 

My setup script is exactly the same as listed above

export ATISTREAMSDKROOT=/home/pex/ATIStream export ATISTREAMSDKSAMPLESROOT=/home/pex/ATIStream export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86_64:$ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH sudo mkdir /usr/lib/OpenCL sudo mkdir /usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors sudo ln -sf $ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86_64/libatiocl64.so /usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors/libatiocl64.so sudo ln -sf $ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86/libatiocl32.so /usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors/libatiocl32.so

I am using a Firestream 9270, 9.12 drivers (installed via YAST2), and running on x86_64 version of openSUSE 11.0.

I've installed all the needed packages, as well as, the recommended 32bit counterparts.

When I delete my atiocl64/32.so files, and re-symlink them I get a new fun error when trying to run the HelloCL file...

HelloCL!

X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)

Major opcode of failed request: 145 ()

Minor opcode of failed request: 19 

Serial number of failed request: 8

Current serial number in output stream: 8

I also find it strange that my driver is loaded and present in my xorg.conf, the CCC launches without error, yet when I try to run the command:

atiode -P60 H localhost:0; echo $?

I get error 2 returned to me. Basically that I have no 3D acceleration...

Also of interest, is that the CCC does not list any versions or rev numbers for any of the OpenGL points.

More than happy to supply any files, or further information needed. 

Bmelton77,

Are you able to run CAL samples? Please run FindNumDevices sample.  These CAL samples are available in (INSTALLDIR)\samples\cal\bin\x86. If you are not able to run any of the CAL samples.  Please reinstall driver, sdk  and rerun CAL and OpenCL samples.

Please also give us your system configuration like OS, CPU, GPU, driver version and SDK version.

0 Likes

Bmelton77,

Are you able to run CAL samples? Please run FindNumDevices sample.  These CAL samples are available in (INSTALLDIR)\samples\cal\bin\x86. If you are not able to run any of the CAL samples.  Please reinstall driver, sdk  and rerun CAL and OpenCL samples.

Please also give us your system configuration like OS, CPU, GPU, driver version and SDK version.

I went into the CAL x86 director, and surprisingly got access denied errors, but was able to execute properly from the x86_64 folder. (not surprising since I am running 64bit OS)

However when the CAL app executes (FindNumDevices, and hellocal)

I get the following output:

Supported CAL Runtime Version: 1.3.185

Found CAL Runtime Version: 1.4.227

X Error of failed request: BadRequest

To answer your questions:

CPU: Intel i7 975 --- Memory: 6GB DDR3

GPU: AMD Firestream 9270

Driver: fglrx 8.661-23.2 

0 Likes

Originally posted by: bmelton77

I went into the CAL x86 director, and surprisingly got access denied errors, but was able to execute properly from the x86_64 folder. (not surprising since I am running 64bit OS)

However when the CAL app executes (FindNumDevices, and hellocal)

I get the following output:

Supported CAL Runtime Version: 1.3.185

Found CAL Runtime Version: 1.4.227

X Error of failed request: BadRequest

To answer your questions:

CPU: Intel i7 975 --- Memory: 6GB DDR3

GPU: AMD Firestream 9270

Driver: fglrx 8.661-23.2 

Thank you for your details information.

You are using old SDK and driver.  Please upgrade your driver and SDK with latest.  See following link for download links

http://developer.amd.com/gpu/ATIStreamSDK/Pages/default.aspx

0 Likes

I am using the newly released stream sdk 2.0 and the latest drivers from the YAST repo from ati.

I tried to manually install the 9.12 drivers multiple times, but they never took, and left me with either the VESA drivers or a display that had no 2d or 3d acceleration. Now I'm really confused...

0 Likes

Originally posted by: bmelton77 I am using the newly released stream sdk 2.0 and the latest drivers from the YAST repo from ati.

I tried to manually install the 9.12 drivers multiple times, but they never took, and left me with either the VESA drivers or a display that had no 2d or 3d acceleration. Now I'm really confused...

Please looks at the driver installer notes.

0 Likes