Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

mabra
Journeyman III

How to understand:Reading register F3xA4

Hallo !

I really look for help. I am using an open source library for ring0 access [WinRing0] and try to read this register, to obtain the temperature. But I always get zero. So I assume, I do not understand to provide the parameters right. I found code in another forum - the threads ended - but this dont helped me.

My main problem is, that I do not understand the "F3" value. If I look at the method signature of the mentioned libraries function "ReadPciConfigDwordEx", I have to provide the following:

0- 2
Function Number
3- 7
Device Number
8-15
PCI Bus Number
16-31
Reserved
0- 2
Function Number
3- 7
Device Number
8-15
PCI Bus Number
16-31
Reserved
0- 2 Function Number
3- 7 Device Number
8-15 PCI Bus Number
16-31 Reserved

From that others forums thread, I derived the following:

UInt32 pciAddress = 0x3+((0x18)<<3); //This should be "F3" !!!?????
UInt32 regAddress = 0xa4;
UInt32 value1 = 0;
int result = ReadPciConfigDwordEx(pciAddress, regAddress, ref value1);

This always return zero.

I hope, someone could shed some light on this !!

Thanks anyway,
br--mabra

0 Likes
2 Replies
Crashtest
Journeyman III

AMD K8/K10/K11 CPUs got some PCI devices, all use pci device 24 on the first pci bus.

These pci devices got one PCI-Device Nb - 24 / 0x18 on the first CPU with 4 or 5 functions or PCI Device Nb - 24 and 25 on a DUAL-Opteron System

see http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/31116.pdf  -> 3.3 to 3.7

The F3xA4 on a single K10 CPU:

bus 0x0;

device 0x18;

func 0x3;

register 0xA4;

pciAddres: 

as a 32 Bit Bin - 00000000000000000000000011000011

or you could use 0XC3 as a hex

0 Likes

Are you looking for beautiful presentation folders? Look no more. We offer you with the best looking custom presentation folders that are not only good to look at but are also much significant to the boost that it can offer to both organization’s status and also its representation. In fact when it comes to the folder printing companies, they offer with the printing of the wholesale presentation folders in several designs and styles as they recognize it significance to a business. We offer you with numerous design and style options I addition to the high quality cheap presentation folders ate very affordable rates.

Eman printing is high profiled printed presentation folder printing company deals in printing of cheap blank presentation folders, creative bussiness presentation folders, custom made presentation folders, customized cd presentation folders, discount oxford presentation folders, full color presentation folders, leather company presentation folders,legal stock presentation folders and presentation folders and portfolio. Amongst the folders the three paneled folders, the presentation folders, expansion folders, decorative file folders, legal document folders, large folders, and business folders etc are to name a few. If by some chance you are not interested in our existent designs and styles then we offer you with our unique custom printing option which allows you to purchase customized presentation folders, which are available in numerous prints and designs and manage to capture the client’s eyes. In this regards a particular business owner can also order for a presentation file folder design in just about any shape and size in accordance with his personal wants and requirements. Not only will we provide you with the highest quality contemporary presentation folders but we will also make sure that you get them at most cost effective prices ever.

Presentation folders are one of the important and attractive tools used for marketing purposes. These are spacey enough to hold marketing material and are long lasting as well. Presentation folders may be customized and are utilized universally.

Eman printing also giving its sevices in printing presentation folders business cards, professional printing presentation folders, quality presentation folders, real estate tax presentation folders, two pocket presentation folders, unique plastic presentation folders, vinyl embossed presentation folders, wholesale printed presentation folders and white window presentation folders.

0 Likes