cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

tumanovalex
Journeyman III

Problem with installation ATI Stream SD? on the personal computer without videocard ATI

Has tried to establish new version ATI Stream SD? on the laptop with Core 2 Duo, videocard Nvidia G240M and Windows XP (tried and on Windows 7). It has not turned out. The old variant was perfectly established also the program normally worked with CPU Atom, Athlon and others. Prompt how to establish, please, new variant SDK on the laptop without video card ATI.

0 Likes
17 Replies
omkaranathan
Adept I

What is the error message you are getting?

0 Likes

tumanovalex,

These is a issue with installer if ATI driver is not there.  You can find all installers in Extract folder\Packages\Apps. Please install manually.

0 Likes

tumanovalex,

These is a issue with installer if ATI driver is not there.  You can find all installers in Extract folder\Packages\Apps. Please install manually.

0 Likes

Thanks big, all have turned out.

0 Likes

Hi,

I am having a problem similar to the Original Poster, but my problem still persists.  Double-clicking the Setup.exe program started an installer, but the process eventually hanged / disappeared.  So I went into the Packages/Apps subdirectories and installed the components manually as suggested above, and that appears to have worked.  Now I'm trying to run HelloCL.exe and here is the output:

HelloCL!

Getting Platform Information

Creating a context AMD platform

Context::Context() failed (-1)

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance, --Chris

0 Likes

At me other problem. By a call cxGPUContext = clCreateContextFromType (NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_DEFAULT, NULL, NULL, &err); I receive -32 - invalid platform. OS Windows 7. On old versions SDK all was normal.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: tumanovalex At me other problem. By a call cxGPUContext = clCreateContextFromType (NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_DEFAULT, NULL, NULL, &err); I receive -32 - invalid platform. OS Windows 7. On old versions SDK all was normal.

tumanovalex,

First parameter of clCreateContextFromType is NULL. This is valid till beta4.  With SDK 2.0, it should be valid platform.  See the samples how to get vaild platform.

0 Likes

Thank you, I all have corrected also all have earned

0 Likes

Originally posted by: camejia Hi,

I am having a problem similar to the Original Poster, but my problem still persists.  Double-clicking the Setup.exe program started an installer, but the process eventually hanged / disappeared.  So I went into the Packages/Apps subdirectories and installed the components manually as suggested above, and that appears to have worked.  Now I'm trying to run HelloCL.exe and here is the output:

HelloCL!

Getting Platform Information

Creating a context AMD platform

Context::Context() failed (-1)

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance, --Chris

camejia,

You are getting CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND error.  What is your system configuration. OS, CPU, GPU and SDK version and Driver version.

Please uninstall all and reinstall manually.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: genaganna camejia,

You are getting CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND error.  What is your system configuration. OS, CPU, GPU and SDK version and Driver version.

My apologies for omitting this crucial information.  I am running 32-bit Windows XP Pro SP2, Pentium4 CPU, NO GPU, SDK version 2.0, driver version N/A because I don't have a GPU.  I notice after careful reading that for 32-bit Windows XP, SP3 is required so perhaps that is the problem.  Uninstalling all and reinstalling manually did not fix the problem.  The CLInfo.exe program returns what looks to be valid Platform data, but the reported Number of devices is 0.

I guess if it won't work with 32-bit Windows XP SP2, I'm out of luck, unless anyone knows of a workaround or has reported success with such a configuration.

0 Likes

camejia,

I am able to run the samples successfully with 32-bit XP SP2 in a CPU only system.

Could you post the output of CLInfo?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: camejia

My apologies for omitting this crucial information.  I am running 32-bit Windows XP Pro SP2, Pentium4 CPU, NO GPU, SDK version 2.0, driver version N/A because I don't have a GPU.  I notice after careful reading that for 32-bit Windows XP, SP3 is required so perhaps that is the problem.  Uninstalling all and reinstalling manually did not fix the problem.  The CLInfo.exe program returns what looks to be valid Platform data, but the reported Number of devices is 0.

I guess if it won't work with 32-bit Windows XP SP2, I'm out of luck, unless anyone knows of a workaround or has reported success with such a configuration.

Pentium4 CPU does not support SSE3.x or higher instruction set. That is why it is giving  CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND error.  Please set following enviornment variable to run opencl on CPU not having SSE3 support.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: genaganna

Pentium4 CPU does not support SSE3.x or higher instruction set. That is why it is giving  CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND error.  Please set following enviornment variable to run opencl on CPU not having SSE3 support.

genaganna,

I think your post got cut off somehow...what environment variable do I need to set to run OpenCL on CPU not having SSE3 support?

FYI, I'm attaching the output of CLInfo.exe:

Interesting to note that I have another Pentium 4 PC running Ubuntu instead of Windows XP, and the ATI Stream SDK on that Ubuntu PC is able to identify the CPU device.

Number of platforms: 1 Plaform Profile: FULL_PROFILE Plaform Version: OpenCL 1.0 ATI-Stream-v2.0.0 Plaform Name: ATI Stream Plaform Vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Plaform Name: ATI Stream Number of devices: 0

0 Likes

Originally posted by: genaganna

genaganna,

I think your post got cut off somehow...what environment variable do I need to set to run OpenCL on CPU not having SSE3 support?

FYI, I'm attaching the output of CLInfo.exe:

Interesting to note that I have another Pentium 4 PC running Ubuntu instead of Windows XP, and the ATI Stream SDK on that Ubuntu PC is able to identify the CPU device.

Sorry, It was my mistake.   Please set environment variable (CPU_ENABLE_ALL=1) to run OpenCL on CPU not having SSE3 support.

0 Likes

genaganna:

Thank you!  Setting (CPU_ENABLE_ALL=1) seems to have fixed my problem.  I have attached the output from CLInfo.exe showing that the CPU is detected as a device.  I also confirmed that HelloCL.exe ran successfully.  (I started testing other sample programs like MatrixMultiplication.exe, but that did not run successfully; however I'm pretty sure that is because I will need to make modifications because I only have a CPU device, not a GPU device.)

Thanks again!

Number of platforms: 1 Plaform Profile: FULL_PROFILE Plaform Version: OpenCL 1.0 ATI-Stream-v2.0.0 Plaform Name: ATI Stream Plaform Vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Plaform Name: ATI Stream Number of devices: 1 Device Type: CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU Device ID: 4098 Max compute units: 2 Max work items dimensions: 3 Max work items[0]: 1024 Max work items[1]: 1024 Max work items[2]: 1024 Max work group size: 1024 Preferred vector width char: 16 Preferred vector width short: 8 Preferred vector width int: 4 Preferred vector width long: 2 Preferred vector width float: 4 Preferred vector width double: 0 Max clock frequency: 3192Mhz Address bits: 32 Max memeory allocation: 536870912 Image support: No Max size of kernel argument: 4096 Alignment (bits) of base address: 1024 Minimum alignment (bytes) for any datatype: 128 Single precision floating point capability Denorms: Yes Quiet NaNs: Yes Round to nearest even: Yes Round to zero: No Round to +ve and infinity: No IEEE754-2008 fused multiply-add: No Cache type: Read/Write Cache line size: 64 Cache size: 65536 Global memory size: 1073741824 Constant buffer size: 65536 Max number of constant args: 8 Local memory type: Global Local memory size: 32768 Profiling timer resolution: 1 Device endianess: Little Available: Yes Compiler available: Yes Execution capabilities: Execute OpenCL kernels: Yes Execute native function: No Queue properties: Out-of-Order: No Profiling : Yes Platform ID: 00AA1434 Name: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz Vendor: GenuineIntel Driver version: 1.0 Profile: FULL_PROFILE Version: OpenCL 1.0 ATI-Stream-v2.0.0 Extensions: cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_byte_addressable_store

0 Likes

camejia,

Please use  --device cpu option to run any sample on CPU.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: camejia genaganna:

Thank you!  Setting (CPU_ENABLE_ALL=1) seems to have fixed my problem.  I have attached the output from CLInfo.exe showing that the CPU is detected as a device.  I also confirmed that HelloCL.exe ran successfully.  (I started testing other sample programs like MatrixMultiplication.exe, but that did not run successfully; however I'm pretty sure that is because I will need to make modifications because I only have a CPU device, not a GPU device.)

Thanks again!

camejia,

One thing i forgot to say.  This environment variable(CPU_ENABLE_ALL=1) is not a recommended one.  OpenCL is supported officially only for CPU's with SSE3.x or higher.  You must move to CPU with SSE3.x or higher.

0 Likes