Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

sv650
Journeyman III

Convolution example

Hi

I am trying to use the convolution example - I am able to run the example and produce correct results for part 1 - in part 2 (where you use the GPU) all of my answers are wrong from GPU.  The GPU is returning values of -999.999 for all grid values.

I am using an Nvidia (GT 9600, single precision) hardware - in order to get it compile on the machine, I changed the device context query to GPU as CPU is not yet supported as a OCL device in Nvidia's current stable SDK.  I think this is due to single vs double precision issue, but may be I am wrong - can some one give me any help please?

This is the only bit I changed from the main.cpp file on the ATI website.

oclHandles.context = clCreateContextFromType(NULL,
                                                CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU,
                                                NULL,
                                                NULL,
                                                &resultCL);

to

oclHandles.context = clCreateContextFromType(NULL,
                                                CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU,
                                                NULL,
                                                NULL,
                                                &resultCL);

sv650

0 Likes
3 Replies
genaganna
Journeyman III

SV650,

If you are getting wrong values on Nvidia card, please post in Nvidia OpenCL forums.

0 Likes

Hi

I don't believe its a card problem - I am aware of Nvidia forums, i posted here hoping some one would point out the mistake on the example I am making.  I assumed folks in here would have more familiarity with this particular example.

I don't beleive your suggestion has taken me any more closer to solving the problem, however thanks for taking the time to respond

sv650

0 Likes

clCreateContextFromType requires that the first parameter is non-NULL. Please see the examples in SDK 2.0 for how to correctly intialize the platform and the Installation notes for how to setup the ICD model on your machine.
0 Likes