Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

spectral
Adept II

Out of host memory... but why ?

Hi,

I do up to 10.000.000 calls to an OpenCL kernel, but after X call it tell my "out of host memory".

Before each call I create 3 buffers (up to 1 Mb) and at the end I release theses buffers.

So, how is it possible to be out of memory ? do you have any idea ?

Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
genaganna
Journeyman III

viewon01,

Please use tools which find memory leaks or give us a testcase which show the problem.

0 Likes

Thanks,

I have send you an email with an .exe that reproduce the problem.

Feel free to contact me if I can help anyway

Regards

0 Likes

I am waiting for your email.  I am able run .exe but i did not understand how to reproduce the problem.  could you please reply to that mail now?

0 Likes

You simply have to launch "run.bat" and the after some times (several minutes) a crash should appear...

At startup, an image is created "output06.tga", you can view it with photoshop (or other) to see the rendering progress.

At the end, the whole image should be drawed... but normaly you should have the same error than me here, before completion.

0 Likes

Hi,

I have find another post about a memory leak on the AMD implementation of OpenCL... it sounds that it is exactly the same problem...

http://forums.amd.com/devforum/messageview.cfm?catid=390&threadid=122161&highlight_key=y&keyword1=le...

0 Likes