Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

xesjex
Journeyman III

Vista Safe mode issues with Radeon 2400

Hope there is an answer for the following problem:

I have a ATI RAdeon Graphic card 2400XT, which was causing multiple problems during the startup of games. I did get many vertical lines/boxes in the screen, when the games(s) where loaded (tested it on many games, also used a different monitor and resolutions, but still gave the same problem). Due to this reason (the screen went unreadable and so the games unplayable) i tried to update the drivers from ATI and used the last version of the driver updates.

Still no result. This time i tried to delete al drivers in safe mode, so we could have a clean install. But now the same problems which did occur at the games, starts as well when i load vista in safe mode. So because the screen is unreadable, i can't make any changes/delete drivers etc in save mode, just barely can press shut down at login, and i have to get back to normal mode, wich seems to work okay at startup (normal desktop), but can't load any game, like it suppose to be.

I think the problem is caused by an old driver from ATI/core startup file from Windows vista., since it gives the same results in safe mode. Is there a way to slove this problem?

I also wonderd if it's save to delete the Grapic Card in the Hardware section and install it again manually? But because things don't work out in safe mode i am affraid of the risk of that because i think windows normal mode will then read the same bad driver as in safe mode...wich results in the fact that i totally can't acces the pc anymore.

Would be great to have some support on this! Many thnx all ready!

0 Likes
1 Reply
avk
Adept III

Too many problems for a graphics driver, even for the Windows internal one... Are you sure that your graphics card is OK? Did you try to replace it with another one by warranty?

0 Likes