cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

kangshuyi001
Journeyman III

only 128mb global mem available?

It seems something wrong with my hd4830 when I write opencl program, it only has 128M global mem, why?

0 Likes
4 Replies
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: kangshuyi001 It seems something wrong with my hd4830 when I write opencl program, it only has 128M global mem, why?

As per Spec,  Maximum size of memory object allocation is minimum of (1/4 th of maximum global memory available, 128MB)

See section 4.2 in Spec for more details.

0 Likes

As per Spec,  Maximum size of memory object allocation is minimum of (1/4 th of maximum global memory available, 128MB)

This is true if you use the constant CL_DEVICE_MAX_MEM_ALLOC_SIZE with which clGetDeviceInfo must report 1/4th of the total mem available as allocable; the problem is that the same amount of memory is returned when you use the constant CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_MEM_SIZE: in this case clGetDeviceInfo should report the "size of global memory device in bytes" (page 36 of the specs, revision 48), so 4 times the amount returned by CL_DEVICE_MAX_MEM_ALLOC_SIZE.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: Fr4nz

This is true if you use the constant CL_DEVICE_MAX_MEM_ALLOC_SIZE with which clGetDeviceInfo must report 1/4th of the total mem available as allocable; the problem is that the same amount of memory is returned when you use the constant CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_MEM_SIZE. In this case clGetDeviceInfo should report the "size of global memory in bytes" (page 36 of the specs, revision 48).

Just few hours back i reported this problem to developers. this will be fixed in upcoming release. Thank you for reporting this here http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=390&threadid=124142&forumid=9.

0 Likes

Just few hours back i reported this problem to developers. this will be fixed in upcoming release. Thank you for reporting this here http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=390&threadid=124142&forumid=9.

No problem gena.

When do you think it will be released an update of the SDK?

0 Likes