cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

mmathur
Journeyman III

ATI-cal-1.4 a prerequisite

Is the cal 1.4 a prerequisite for running the sdk beta 2?

thanks

MM

0 Likes
4 Replies
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: mmathur Is the cal 1.4 a prerequisite for running the sdk beta 2?

thanks

MM

Beta2 supports only CPU with SEE 3.x so CAL is not prerequisite.

0 Likes

The above query was because while building the applications only for CPU there were a lot of linking errors due to following missing libraries:

libaticalrt.so & libaticalcl.so.

Why should there be a need to link cal libraries ?

I am using the package "ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-beta4-lnx32.tgz.gz"

And I discovered, after much effort, that these libraries are available in the driver installation

ati-driver-installer-8.67-x86.x86_64.run,

and can be simply extracted without a need to install the driver and added in the lib path

This information I obtained  while scrolling through this forum under 

"Beta4 SDK linux compiling errors"   topic.

As was suggested earlier in the above topic too, it wud be right to have all the necessary libraries in the same package.

What do you say?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: mmathur The above query was because while building the applications only for CPU there were a lot of linking errors due to following missing libraries:

libaticalrt.so & libaticalcl.so.

Why should there be a need to link cal libraries ?

I am using the package "ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-beta4-lnx32.tgz.gz"

And I discovered, after much effort, that these libraries are available in the driver installation

ati-driver-installer-8.67-x86.x86_64.run,

and can be simply extracted without a need to install the driver and added in the lib path

This information I obtained  while scrolling through this forum under 

"Beta4 SDK linux compiling errors"   topic.

As was suggested earlier in the above topic too, it wud be right to have all the necessary libraries in the same package.

What do you say?

mamthur,

In your first post you asked about sdk beta 2. I thought you are asking  SDK 2.0 beta2. i.e i have given that answer.

Beta4 support both CPU and GPU.  Beta4 has a limitation that it requires aticalrt and aticalcl libraries even to run on CPU.

In upcoming releases,  to run on CPU you no need to install driver or extract CAL libraries.

0 Likes

beta4 now do not have dependency on atical.dll. download SDK again to get fixed this issuse.

0 Likes