cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Naycon
Journeyman III

Radeon 4850 and "Unsupported GPU device"

I'm trying to run the Stream beta4 samples, but openCL does not seem to find my Radeon 4850 card when looking for a GPU-context, as all the samples print the "Unsupported GPU device"-string and then fallbacks to using CPU. Any ideas how as of what could be wrong?

I've installed (and reinstalled) the Stream beta4 SDK, got the latest drivers for my card (v9.10), all the path variables are pointing to the correct places and the code seem to compile just fine.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit. I've tried to search the forums for anyone having a similar problem, but to no result.

0 Likes
2 Replies
omkaranathan
Adept I

Originally posted by: Naycon  

got the latest drivers for my card (v9.10)

You have to use the drivers which came with the beta4 release, and no other drivers with beta4 SDK. Available at http://developer.amd.com/GPU/ATISTREAMSDKBETAPROGRAM/Pages/default.aspx

Also after installing the driver, run the CAL sample 'FindNumDevices'  to check if the device is being detected properly.

0 Likes

Ah, of course! Thank you! I just assumed that the zip file contained the same files as the installer, just packed in a zip. Next time I will try reading the whole text for a change, might save me some time.. 😃

0 Likes