cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

sglauberman
Journeyman III

Windows 7 support for ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Card

Does anybody have any ideas when ATI will provide drivers/support for the TV Wonder Digital Cable Card? Are they planning on supporting it?

Thanks.

--Steve

0 Likes
4 Replies
Byron
Staff

It is built into Win7.

The driver is actually a class driver owned by Microsoft.

Are you having issues?

There is a new update coming to that card please keep an eye out at game.amd.com in the driver section.

0 Likes

Byron:

Thanks for the reply. Windows 7 recognizes the cards but fails in loading any drivers for it. In Device Manager it says to reinstall the drivers but when I attempt to do that it says the latest drivers are already installed. When I try to manually install the Vista drivers it fails trying to find the cards. On Microsoft's Windows 7 compatibility site, it shows the ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Cards as NOT COMPATIBLE.

I would love to find a solution to this as the cards are tied to the machine and without updated drivers/firmware I would have to go back to Vista to get the cards to work.

--Steve

0 Likes

Strange, we will look into it.

Also there should be an update by Nov 16th for your hardware at game.amd.com, check the driver section.

0 Likes

Byron:

Good news. I was able to get the cards working. I had to disable the cards, remove all the driver software and then when I rebooted the cards were identified and the drivers loaded. I don't know why I had to do all that and I was pretty certain I tried this earlier but thought I would give you the update.

--Steve

0 Likes