Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

sambucuself
Journeyman III

Unable to compile programs on Windows XP 64bit

Hi!

I just installed Windows XP 64 bit to try to test my stream application, and when I installed the correct version of Stream SDK and Visual Studio 2008, I ran into trouble.

I can't even get the samples from the SDK to compile, and when I managed to get my application to compile, the linker is arguing about target machine incompatibility:

fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'

The solution is set to compile for X64 architecture, but for some reason the .obj file of brook code is in X86 format...

What am I doint wrong ?

Thank you.

0 Likes
6 Replies
gaurav_garg
Adept I

Brook+ 64-bit installer doesn't come with 32-bit libraries. When you try to link your 32-bit application, you see these linker errors.

Either you can install 32-bit Brook+ or build your application in 64-it configuration.

0 Likes

Well I am trying to build the application with 64bit configuration, but it doesn't work, when I set /MACHINE:X64 it compiles the source code in 64bit, all except the code generated by brook compiler...

0 Likes

I don't understand it. You said you were able to compile the code, but you are getting problem in link time.

it compiles the source code in 64bit, all except the code generated by brook compiler

Do you see compilation error in brcc generated .cpp file.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: gaurav.garg I don't understand it. You said you were able to compile the code, but you are getting problem in link time.

it compiles the source code in 64bit, all except the code generated by brook compiler

No. But I think that there is a problem with the configuration x64, when I convert it from visual studio version 8 to 9, none of the examples want to compile, so I will try to use visual studio 2005 express and check if that helps.

0 Likes

I think Visual Studio 2005 Express is 32 bit only, so it won't work.

1. According to the system requirements page make sure you have installed at least Catalyst 9.7.

2. Make sure you have installed the SDK named "atistream_1.4.0_beta-winxp64.exe". If you had a previous installation you could be using the old SDK PATHs, check it just in case.

3. Open any of the examples, at the right of the "Release/Debug" selector you should see a "Win32/x64" selector, choose x64. You shouldn't need to change any other parameter.

4. Now, assuming you have installed Visual Studio selecting the x64 option in the setup, now you should be able to build it.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: sambucuself
Originally posted by: gaurav.garg I don't understand it. You said you were able to compile the code, but you are getting problem in link time.

No. But I think that there is a problem with the configuration x64, when I convert it from visual studio version 8 to 9, none of the examples want to compile, so I will try to use visual studio 2005 express and check if that helps.

Hi! Sorry for all the confusion.

My visual studio wasn't properly installed. Now it works fine. Thanks!

0 Likes