cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

bubu
Adept II

Beta4 SDK linux compiling errors

I'm trying to use your Beta4 SDK OpenCL in a project.

I use Ubuntu 9.04, Netbeans, gcc 4.3.3.

I don't have Catalyst installed ( I just want to keep my current graphics drivers and to work with CPU emulation ).

I link with the libOpenCL.so, libamuabi.a and libSDKUtil.a and also tried with the amdrt_x86.o

BUT

I get tons of "undefined reference to calXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" errors.

Did I miss to link with any library or forgot any C predefine?

It seems I need a think called "libaticalrt.so and libaticalcl.so"... but, as I mentioned, I just want to run in CPU mode...

thx

0 Likes
5 Replies
nou
Exemplar

did you have installed normal fglrx. i have still installed older version. but i link again older .so

it print error:

*** CAL version mismatch:
This OpenCL build requires version 1.4.422, version 1.4.403 installed.

but it work.

or download beta driver and run ./ati-driver-installer-8.67-x86.x86_64.run --extract dir_to_extract and in dir_to_extract/arch/x86_64/usr/lib64 you find lib

0 Likes

I must work with my current drivers... I cannot install fglrx...

I just want to play with the CPU implementation... why should I install the ATI drivers?

0 Likes

just extract drivers and copy missing lib. dont install them

0 Likes

Thank nou, that worked.

However, I think AMD should solve this including ALL the required .so/.a in the SDK... and making the runtime to delay-load-the-DLLs... It's a non-sense as it's currently done because I would want to use ONLY the CPU emulator...

0 Likes

This issue has already been reported to developers and is fixed internally. It will be possible to run CPU implementation without installing the drivers. Will be available in an upcoming release.

0 Likes