cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

griffin2000
Journeyman III

Any ideas when image support will be available ?

I just upgraded to beta4 with my Radeon 4870, and while it does work (which is alot more than can be said for the Nvidia implementation ), I see there is still no image support.

Is there anything the ATI guys can say as to when they expect to support images ?  This is a pretty important feature for us, and is supported on the Nvidia implementation.  So without it we are left to choose between having an implementation that works, but doesn't support images, and one that is broken in a whole host of ways, but does (its also nice how the ATI guy do actually post to their OpenCL forum, unlike the Nvidia equivalent).

0 Likes
5 Replies

griffin,
I can't say when it will be released, but we are actively working on image support and a host of other features/improvements that were not available in the Beta. If this is important to your product, I would recommend getting in contact with the streamdeveloper email to let them know your interest in this feature.
0 Likes

Thanks.  Where do I find that email ?  I've looked on the various support sites and emails I've received, to no avail.

0 Likes

ohh, looks like we have this help request form that we didn't use to have that I did not know about.
http://developer.amd.com/suppo...tegory=2&SubCategory=8
0 Likes

Hi

Now, I wana use the "image support", too. So, Woud you support for this feature on the next beta version in the nearly futrure?

It' so difficult for me to get in contact with the streamdeveloper, because of my english language skill (sorry, I'm a Japanease)...

thx.

0 Likes

Hi tak,

We agree that image support is important and we are working on it currently for a release in the near future. 

0 Likes