cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

NathanOSY
Journeyman III

CPU + GPU, possible????

Hi all, i am developing a new project to compete with Intel's Larrabee GPU project. Currently i still studied inside the University but i kept thinking of researching new tech for the future. Still, i am not working with any semiconductor factory yet.

I also design the blue prints of the next phased GPU (only 50% completed and basic phase).

What had crossed my mind is should a CPU and GPU hybrid together??? Any comments will be appreciate. :)

Edit: Turned off emoticon parsing

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi NathanOSY,

As you may already know, that is one of the reasons why AMD acquired ATI back in 2006. AMD has had press briefings on just such a strategy. If you google "AMD Fusion" it will bring up appropriate articles on AMD's position.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: michael.chu Hi NathanOSY,

As you may already know, that is one of the reasons why AMD acquired ATI back in 2006. AMD has had press briefings on just such a strategy. If you google "AMD Fusion" it will bring up appropriate articles on AMD's position.

2006? That's 4 -four- years ago, and not a single sysem is out yet, to my knowledge. Is it the heating-problems that holds the combine CPU+GPU back?

How about an integrated water/nitrogen-cooler into the module? 😉 Maybe it sounds far off, but ATI and AMD has made a lot of thermal improvement since the 65&90nm days. Luckily. 😉

0 Likes

Interesting information and useful

0 Likes