Journeyman III

program.build(devices) failed

when I run the program "HelloCL" from sdk,one error occur:

then I delete the program and rebuild it,i get the same error

ospensuse 11.1
cpu:9550

How can I fix it?
Thanks.

mm@linux-p1mm:~/Desktop/ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-beta2-lnx64/samples/opencl/bin/debug/x86_64> ./HelloCL HelloCL! Creating a context For test only: Expires on Wed Sep 30 00:00:00 2009 Getting device info Loading and compiling CL source Program::build() failed (-59)

0 Likes
5 Replies
genaganna
Journeyman III

Hi yhh,

Error code -59 means INVALID OPERATION.

Are you able to run any other samples?

0 Likes

did you export LD_LIBRARY_PATH to ati-stream-beta/lib directory? i have this error when i copy OpenCL.so to /usr/lib but dont export LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

then i succsefull create context, buffer, program from source but it failed on clBuildProgram and get -59 error. when i export variable it works.

0 Likes

I have a suggestion here

1) Could you please make sure that $ATISTREAMSDKROOT and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH are updated appropriately and check.

2) If the above does not help, there is a possibility of that '~' in any of the above stated environment variables is the issue. Try using absolute paths.

Hope this helps you.

0 Likes

The error is due to the program being not able to find the OpenCL compilers, located in the 'bin' folder. Setting the environment variable ATISTREAMSDKROOT correctly will resolve the issue.

0 Likes

Thanks for you help,I have solved the problem.

0 Likes