Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

kuz
Journeyman III

HD2400 / rv610 power managment

Hello,

i'm using linux and have desktop with HD2400. Currently HD2400 is very hot. No X11 is running, just plain console. I'm searching a way to cool down my HD2400. I have 42589_rv630_rrg_1.01o.pdf, but there is'nt enoung information about power managment.

I tried to setu up GPU_COUNTER_CLK to 1 in GENERAL_PWRMGT register, but this seems doesn't help.

Changing SCLK_PWRMGT_EN in SCLK_PWRMGT_CNTL and MPLL_PWRMGT_OFF in MCLK_PWRMGT_CNTL doesn't help too.

Is there any recomendations/documentation how to setup device for low power mode?

0 Likes
2 Replies
kuz
Journeyman III

hello,

sorry for my bad language. If You need more information or my message is not easy to understand, please ask, i can provide more information or explain.

p.s.

is there any live people? May be this forum is dead?

0 Likes
bridgman
Staff

If you look in the open source X drivers there are some good examples of how to reduce engine clocks and enable clock gating :

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati/tree/src/radeon_pm.c

Suggest you follow the move to Kernel Modesetting (KMS), since that will make it feasible to (a) implement better power management in the kernel driver, and (b) have the console use that driver code (ie sharing it with X).

0 Likes