Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

riza_guntur
Journeyman III

Conditional reduction on vector, How to?[SOLVED]

The cause is wrong stream size than expected

I want to do conditional reduction on vector like the following but I get incorrect result, is there any other way to do it?

reduce void cond_vec_red(float4 a, reduce float4 b){

if(a.x < b.x)

b.x = a.x

if(a.y< b.y)

b.y = a.y

if(a.y< b.y)

b.y = a.y

if(a.y< b.y)

b.y = a.y

if(a.y < b.y)

b.y = a.y

}

0 Likes
7 Replies
gaurav_garg
Adept I

The kernel looks correct. Can you post your runtime code as well?

0 Likes

I'm sorry, the kernel should have declaration like this

reduce void cond_vec_red(float4 a<>, reduce float4 b<>)

The runtime code is reduction from sizes {xdim,ydim} to {xdim,1}

0 Likes

After running the code again after 2 months, it runs well.

Maybe before this I use wrong stream size.

0 Likes

Do I understand right that this kernel should find min element for each of xdim*4 float 1D arrays?
If yes, what initial value will be in b.x (and so on) for comparison?
0 Likes

An element from the array is chosen for the initial value of b. Reduction is a multi-pass and different array elements are chosen for initialization in each pass.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: gaurav.garg An element from the array is chosen for the initial value of b. Reduction is a multi-pass and different array elements are chosen for initialization in each pass.

Thanks for your information. This is crucial. I always wonder why I don't need to reinitialize b when using reduction kernel, yet it still produce the correct result.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: Raistmer Do I understand right that this kernel should find min element for each of xdim*4 float 1D arrays? If yes, what initial value will be in b.x (and so on) for comparison?

Yes. They will be height of crossing line between two triangle where the top has height 1.

Oh... I remember why I am not using this reduction kernel and stay with my current approach (those help I posted before). Reduction can't take more than one input and one output 

Help...........................

I need

reduce void cond_vec_red(float4 a<>, float y<>, float z<>, reduce float4 b<>, reduce float4 yn<>, reduce float4 zn<>{

if(a.x < b.x){

b.x = a.x;

yn.x = y.x;

zn.x = z.x;

}

if(a.y< b.y){

b.y = a.y;

yn.y= y.y;

zn.y = z.y;

}

if(a.z< b.z){

b.z = a.z;

yn.z = y.z;

zn.z = z.z;

}

if(a.w< b.w){

b.w = a.w;

yn.w = y.w;

zn.w= z.w;

}

}

with my current approach, input with float4.x is height, float4.y is target, float4.z is another target (hard to explain it here), float4.z don't need to be filled (but I fill it with 0.0f)

I want to separate those into three separate streams, BUT if I do reduction like: reduce void cond_vec_red(float4 a<>, reduce float4 b<> then the target information will be loss since a filled with height values, no target information and struct can't be used inside reduction..................

So how to?

0 Likes