cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

sdonovan
Journeyman III

Compiling OpenCL on RedHat (CentOS)

I'm trying to compile the v2.0 beta on CentOS 5.3 and I am running into linkage errors.  It appears as though libOpenCL.so needs 'std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::_M_insert<double>(double)@GLIBCXX_3.4.9' to resolve and it is not present in libstdc++.so.

It looks like the 4.3.2 compiler on CentOS uses the 4.1.2 libstdc++.so and it does not include any GLIBCXX_3.4.9 symbols.  I realize that the only officialy supported Linuxes are Unbuntu and SUSE but unfortunately I can't use either at my firm. 

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this to link on CentOS?

0 Likes
5 Replies

Actually, what you are encountering is why we have held off on adding RHEL 5.3 to the supported list. On our team's list of things to do is try recompiling the libstdc++ to 4.3 for RHEL 5.3.

More info when we have it.

0 Likes

Thanks for the quick response.  While recompiling libstdc++ to 4.3 for RHEL 5.3 sounds like it would do the trick wouldn't it be easier to just recompile your libOpenCL.so with g++4.3 on RHEL 5.3?  That way it wouldn't need the GLIBCXX_3.4.9 symbols.

Just a thought...

0 Likes

The reason that the libOpenCL.so requires some features of the later ABI. We are working on removing these requirements and in the future a supported RHE5 version will be published.

0 Likes

Your latest cards sound really interesting.  I would like to run benchmarks of some option models we are currently running on Nvidia C1060 cards.  Unfortunately we are a RedHat shop so I have to wait until you support RHE5.

Any idea when you will support RHE5?

0 Likes

Grab a copy of libstdc++ from a recent Fedora or Ubuntu distro and link explicitly against that. Works fine for me with x86-64 RHEL 5.4.

MJH

0 Likes