Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

niravshah00
Journeyman III

AMD FireStream 9170 installation

Hi

I am going to start programming on AMD FireStream 9170 i have downloaded

Stream KernelAnalyzer and ati_stream1.4 beta

But the documentation says i have to download ATI catalyst which i dont find anywhere

Secondly i need the simulator since i dont have a hardware

Could any please help me find instruction on how to get started with this

Thanks

Nirav

0 Likes
6 Replies

Hi Nirav,

You can download AMD FireStream drivers here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

If you are programming with Brook+, you can set BRT_RUNTIME to cpu to run your code on the CPU instead of the GPU. This is for functional testing and not for profiling though.

Michael.

0 Likes

Hi Michael ,

Thanks for the reply.

I have to develop a code that does a lot of processing which needs to be executed parallely for which I am using brook + and Amd Firestream 9170

Now I have the hardware in the lab but somehow I want to do it at home and may be weekly test it in the lab.

I was thinking there is a simulator for this so that I can work on it from my laptop.

Thanks
Nirav.

0 Likes

You should be able to use the CPU backend when you don't have access to hardware. It will at least let you develop and test functionality. What GPU do you have in your laptop?

0 Likes

Hi

I have a core 2 duo 1.6 Ghz and 2 GB RAM

Don't have a GPU on my laptop.

Also could you tell me where can i find a starter document which tell me how to write the first brook + program like the hello world?

0 Likes

For Brook+ samples you could find it in C:\Program Files\ATI\ATI Brook+ 1.4.0_beta\samples as for CAL you could find it in C:\Program Files\ATI\ATI CAL 1.4.0_beta\samples.

But I suggest you to download Brook+ 1.4.1 in Sourceforge as samples there compiled smoothly because I got 1 error in SDK samples and the Bitonic sort has been revised to produce correct result.

Then you can create new environment variable and set the value to cpu, restart after set.

Finally you can try to compile and run those samples.

One more, the document will be accessible from start menu and desktop if you installing Brook+ 1.4.1 from Sourceforge

0 Likes

Thanks  Riza

0 Likes